Mattituck Inlet,Long Island,NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Need info for mattituck inlet water dept,can't find recent dept on chart. Is there a good marina for over night stay or what about anchoring over night water dept. I am planning a trip to block with another sailboat,he will be leaving from northport and me from greenport. He wants a stop over at mattituck so need info from anyone that know's mattituck. Nick

Oct 11, 2004
Oday 25 O'Day 25, Cutchogue, NY
Mattituck Inlet

I live a couple of miles from Mattituck inlet, but I keep my boat on the bay side. However, I do see large sailboats anchored in the inlet all the time. They usually are all the way in towards route 48, then you can walk to town. I would call Matt-A-Mar Marine. They are the largest marina in the inlet, and they can advise you.

BarryL

May 21, 2004
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 409 Mt. Sinai, NY
Mattituck

Hello, I went to Mattituck two years ago with my Newport 28 that had a 5' 6" draft. The channel is narrow and meanders, but is not difficult to find. I stayed at Matt A Mar which is very nice. There is room to anchor at the end of the inlet. A few things to note: -There is not a lot of water in the inlet. We left at low tide and saw 4' in a few places (my transducer was about 2' below the water line). -It is about 2nm from the inlet to Matt A Mar, so it will take a little time to get there. -The harbor / end of the inlet is very protected and calm. -It is about 50nm from Northport to Mattituck, so plan accordingly. -Another option would be Northport to Mt. Sinai or Port Jefferson on day one (25 nm), then to Orient for day 2 (40 nm). Good luck, it sounds like a fun trip. Barry

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Thanks Guys

I am leaving from greenport and heading to new london and picking up step kids than off to block. I suggested Boat two is leaving from nothport and a stop over at port jeff or mt.siani and than meet us in Ct, than to block. Everyone have a great day kids are here and we are off to the boat. Nick

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
I stayed in Mattituck Inlet 4 years ago

and we got in after all the marinas were closed so we ended up tying up to the the Town Dock for the night for free! It might not be as quiet as the marina's in there but it is a lot closer to town and the restaurants and LIRR. Our boat has a 3'6" draft and there was no problem finding the channel then. I highly recommend staying at the Town Dock in Mattituck. It is really pretty laid back unless the marine patrol is launching there rescue boats (which they did when we were there - but even this was a form of entertainment).

Status
Not open for further replies.