Mast reinforcement plate ?

Aug 5, 2005
- - Laurel, Ms
This question is for anyone but hopefully Dave will see it since he knows everything there is to know about these boats. But anyone feel free to answer..
Im looking at a Hunter 26 to buy. at the base of the mast where the lift pole goes in to raise the mast it looks like the mast got away from someone and the pole kind of ripped the reinforcement plate out around the hole where the pole goes in. It sort of elongated the hole, but tore it also... All damage seems to be contained to the plate though. Hunter sells a mast lift pole reinforcement plate. would this be a fairly easy repair ? possibly as simple as drilling out the rivets and replacing the plate and re-riveting. The mast lift pole reinforcement plate that I'm looking at on hunters site is this the correct part to fix this ? there is no picture of the part on hunters site....
sorry for the picture don't have any editing software here and its the best crop I could get
mast lift pole plate.png

thanks James

Last edited:

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
F508ED46-2871-4D05-A999-79CE14434565.jpeg
This is how mine is previous owner said it works fine I have only raised mast once seems to be ok
FB8551DE-C7C5-4142-8CBB-4FB536391E2F.jpeg

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
James
Send a private message with better shots and one taken looking inside that hole at an angle to see if any damage to mast itself. I will talk with you and advise and then as always repot back here