Mac 25 questions:repairs and parts?

Jul 21, 2018
macgregor 25 trailered
So I have a few questions about my 1980 mac 25 about repairs and parts...
Parts:
When I got the boat it had 4 turnbuckles on the shrouds(which were a little bent) I tried to step the mast and the lower shrouds were too tight, I did adjust the turnbuckle almost all the way out but I couldn't attach the forestay... I was about an inch away. Does this boat originally have turnbuckles attaching the shrouds or was it Vernier adjusters? If it had vernier adjusters, is this why im having trouble attaching the forestay?
Was there originally an open turnbuckle on the forestay/rolling furler or does it attach directly?
Also, does anyone know where I can get a matching part (last pic, baseplate with 4 screws) it holds the lifelines on the boat.

Repairs:
Any suggestions on fixing the damaged fiberglass on the hull?-see pic. I think the PO scraped it with something? Can I just grind it out with a dremel and use some Marine Tex putty sand it down and repaint or should I try fiber glassing it?

Thanks for you help!

IMG-2555.JPG
IMG-2558.JPG
IMG-2548.JPG
IMG-2550.JPG
IMG-2574.JPG

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
Yikes,

That is some nasty fiberglass issues. My guess is that if you can lay some new cloth on the inside you might be able to fill the outside. Lots of work but nothing to lose but time and money. These boats have a way of doing that..