(longer) anchor roller for 323

Oct 7, 2013
beneteau 323 (2004) mandeville, la
I own a Beneteau 323 built in 2004 and I have never been satisfied with its anchor roller. Because it is rather short, I typically foul the anchor on the bow when retrieving it, damaging the gel-coat. Since I also monitor for sale ads for this model and the pics that accompany newer 323's for sail seem to have longer anchor rollers, my question: (1) if newer production boats have longer anchor rollers; (2) can I easily mount one of these on my boat;and (3) where might I purchase a longer anchor roller? Thanks!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Every marine hardware supplier sells anchor rollers... you might start with Garhauer Marine They have a number of stock size units... but will gladly custom make one to your specifications. Or, just try googling "anchor rollers". If you're looking for something specific to Beneteau... your best bet is to call the company customer service/parts dept... I leave it to you to find the number.

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
I have a 2000 311 and posted something about this here before. I have a Rocna anchor that simply won't fit with the existing roller, and it's my primary anchor.

I've contacted several of the firms that make rollers, and they don't have any solutions for me - the problem on the 311 is that the headstay connects to a big aluminum bracket that takes up the majority of the space on the bow. That means there is a minimum width of space for the roller, and they won't make a longer one that fits.

However, if you find someone who will, let me know! It is one my projects to complete this year.

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
Not Beneteau specific but these guys do high end custom stainless work. They make a "anchor carrier" that you can find on their website. stainlessoutfitters.com

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
Not Beneteau specific but these guys do high end custom stainless work. They make a "anchor carrier" that you can find on their website. stainlessoutfitters.com
Those folks look legit. I'll send them a quick email to see what they think about my setup! Thanks!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Those folks look legit. I'll send them a quick email to see what they think about my setup! Thanks!
Those guys don't have one price posted on their work... I'm telling ya.. go to garhaurer marine, they will work with you and they are very reasonable price wise... here's a stock "bow roller" from their selection of premade units... this one is 30" x 3" and is priced at $133.00. Many, many of our board members have done business with Garhauer and will vouch for them.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
I assume you have the same roller as the rest of us 323 folks, but as always, a picture would help all the others see what you have and can make informed replies.
My CQR 35 fits nice on the OEM roller.

Jan 12, 2016
Beneteau 311 Seattle, WA
Those guys don't have one price posted on their work... I'm telling ya.. go to garhaurer marine, they will work with you and they are very reasonable price wise... here's a stock "bow roller" from their selection of premade units... this one is 30" x 3" and is priced at $133.00. Many, many of our board members have done business with Garhauer and will vouch for them.
I used Garhauer for my custom stern radar arch craziness, which I completely forgot about. I will definitely chat with them about this.

I already did look at their premade one you listed above - 3" is unfortunately too wide, so I'd need something custom.