"Lee Shore"

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice song. A bit plodding and melancholy for my taste today. Maybe on an evening after some wine. Likely I would put on some jazz instead.
Reminds me of the scene from Animal House as John Belushi comes down stairs to see a guitar playing lothario trying to woo several college girls...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Nice song. A bit plodding and melancholy for my taste today. Maybe on an evening after some wine. Likely I would put on some jazz instead.
Reminds me of the scene from Animal House as John Belushi comes down stairs to see a guitar playing lothario trying to woo several college girls...
I remember the scene! LOL!

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I didn't know David Crosby was ever that young....... or that skinny. ;)

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
Following up on a transformative sailing experience when he was 11, Crosby in 1967 purchased a 59-foot, John Alden–designed schooner named Mayan.[27][28] In the decades before he sold the boat in 2014,[29] Crosby sailed it thousands of miles in the Pacific and Caribbean. He has credited the Mayan as being a songwriting muse; he wrote some of his best-known songs aboard the boat, including "Wooden Ships," "The Lee Shore," "Page 43," and "Carry Me."
Sorry to quote from Wiki but it was the fastest lookup. I knew he was a long time sailor.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sorry to quote from Wiki
Knowing where to find it is just as good as trying to remember it from past experiences when they may have been influenced by youth and medicinal additives... :confused:

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Neil Young had his '59 Lincoln converted to electric here in Wichita, but I doubt it is inspiring many songs about "cellulosic ethanol".