Leak in forward cabin behind the mirror

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
I have a 45CC with a water leak into the forward cabin onto the forward area of the mattress. It is dripping from behind the mirror. It's not a lot but it's there. I have an anchor locker wash down but I don't think that's it because I haven't used it in a while. Has any other 45CC owners had this? I wonder if it's coming in around the windlass because the top is exposed and rain could get into the locker area.
Thanks in advance

Jun 14, 2007
Hunter 45cc Florida
I had the same problem, it was due to a leak from the windlass. Not the mounting, but the water was coming thru the shaft seal. It had been leaking for awhile and it was hard to remove the shaft, but once replaced it solved the problem. As a precaution I fiberglassed a cover over the hole that gives access to the windlass on the hatch to keep rain water out. We never used the windlass unless the hatch was open. Furthermore, I also hung a funnel under the bottom of the windlass with a tube running into the anchor locker, so that if it leaked again at least it would not get the wood wet.

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
Thank you very much SA, I had a strong feeling it was coming in through the windlass