LA/San Diego Fires

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
For the members here who live in the LA area, I do hope that you are not affected by the fires in your area.

As for the San Diego area members, unless you live up in the north county you should be OK. As for me, well, the Lilacfire is about 5 miles or less to the NE of me.

upload_2017-12-7_16-19-41.png

The white dot is me. The light purple area is a Fire Warning area. The dark purple is mandatory evacuation. And finally, the area in red are where the fire is located.

upload_2017-12-7_16-23-3.jpeg

This is the view of the Lilacfire from my house. The Lilacfire is located in Bonsall, Ca. Since taking this image, the smoke has moved to the north and continues to move westerly.

Currently we are in a "Warning" and have prepared to leave. But as long as the wind does not turn we should be fine.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
wow.. scary sight.. hope conditions are improving..

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Wow... the Santanas have been extended through Sunday. Get your go bag ready, but you already know that. That's too close and you are downwind. Be careful...

Edit: just looked at NOAA and if accurate, winds subside tomorrow afternoon. Red flag through Sunday tho.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2006
Update here...

Have received three calls from San Diego County Sheriff's office (automated). First was an Evac Warning. Second was an Evac Order. Third was a few minutes ago returning back to Evac Warning. They say the western edge of the fire is less than 2.5 miles north-east of us. But I do not see anything. I can see the bright glow from the Bonsall Fire about 4 miles NE.

We'll see.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Saying prayers for you and the family. Be careful.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I hope the fire is doused before any more damage can be done. Good luck to you and yours. I too will be praying for you and your family.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 17, 2006
Still here. Today the winds will subside giving the fire fighters a chance. Tomorrow and Sunday promise to be very windy.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Please keep us posted as you can Brian. Stay safe, and good luck.

Feb 17, 2006
20% containment. Mandatory Evacuation Zone that was across the street from us has been lifted. All appears to be well, sorta. Not going to jinx our luck. We appear to have dodge that bullet by about 2 miles or less. Thankfully the winds died down Thursday evening and they were light on Friday. Picked up some today but it seems negligible.

OK... now I can get back to moderating and let's see, who can I send on vacation? LOL