Just a little thought...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Here is an interesting factoid. The State of Alaska eats more Ice Cream per capita then the rest of the states in the Union. It is particularly a big sale in the winter.
Maybe it is in their genetics.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Here is an interesting factoid. The State of Alaska eats more Ice Cream per capita then the rest of the states in the Union. It is particularly a big sale in the winter.
Maybe it is in their genetics.
That is exactly what someone told me about New Hampshire. Now I have to question my source, an ice cream vendor selling at the Highland Games at Loon Mt. when the weather was 29 deg. outside.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
saturated fat and coronary heart disease. A review of the science concluded that - eek! There is no evidence of a cause and effect
That is why the American Heart Association has stated that "Atkins Diet" is the best diet to reduce heart disease!
Atkins Diet has been severely criticized as being a "High Fat" diet.
The Veterans Heath Network has recently adopted "Eat fatty red meat" 3 times a week!:):plus:

The main cause of Heart Disease has been shown to be Refined White Sugar!

Trans fats remain on the "no no" list though.:waycool:
See my post#22 if you must eat sugar.
Jim...

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
My wife and I have had good results over the last year on the Keto diet. Very low carbs and no sugar, 30lbs each so far. It does require a life style change. But is relatively easy.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Would that be shaken or stirred. Heard somewhere that it made a difference. :laugh:
It actually does make a very important difference. A shaken martini has little chards of ice which make look and taste much better.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I have gone from 197 lb to 175 since July. Changed my diet in one important way. I totally gave up eating bread. Not exactly Atkins but a daily routine of Tabouleh salad for lunch and fish/chicken/salad/veggies for dinner, accompanied by moderate exercise. Simple, and effective.