Isomat NG70 Mast Spinnaker

Apr 16, 2017
Hunter 37.5 East Hampton, NY
I have a 1993 Hunter 37.5 with an Isomat NG70 Mast. It has four halyard exit block at the base of the mast. There is one unused on each side with a messenger line in it. I assume one of these is for a spinnaker. I want to add a spinnaker halyard for any asymmetric. Is the entrance sheeve above the forestay attachment point and if so about how far. I am concerned that there is enough room for the snuffing sock. Which side does the spinnaker halyard exit, port or starboard. Does anyone fly an asymmetric from the built in spinnaker halyard. Thanks. Jerome Tauber jrtauber@aol.com

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
This is a Isomat NG - 37 mast head. If it is similar to yours the spinnaker halyard is on the forward port side.
Isomat mast head.jpg

In this pic the spinnaker halyard is actually attached to the furler. (don't ask why) The line not in use closest to the mast should be the headsail halyard.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
This is a Isomat NG - 37 mast head. If it is similar to yours the spinnaker halyard is on the forward port side.
View attachment 141961
In this pic the spinnaker halyard is actually attached to the furler. (don't ask why) The line not in use closest to the mast should be the headsail halyard.
Ask the grasshopper to attach the jib halyard to the furler. And maybe he could fix your windex while he’s at it.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
On the 40.5 fractional rig the spinnaker halyard exits on the starboard side and the port side it for the pole topping lift. The halyard exit is just above the halyard sheave and there is a turning block on the outside of the mast just below the halyard sheave.

Dec 18, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Annapolis
Jrtauber,
If your boat is like mine, a 1994 37.5, one messenger line is for the spin halyard, the other is for the topping lift. The messenger lines are tied to a washer to stop them going through the sheeves. The spin halyard sheeve is roughly a foot above the hounds. There are two eyes at the hounds for the spin halyard(s) to be lead through, but I don’t know if you really need to do that. I would prefer not to when I add an asymmetric spinnaker, but I’m not sure if the sheeve can take side loads.

My spin halyard goes to the starboard mast base exit block, topping lift to port. I don’t have free sheet stoppers for the spin halyard back at the halyard winches.

Paul

Apr 16, 2017
Hunter 37.5 East Hampton, NY
Jrtauber,
If your boat is like mine, a 1994 37.5, one messenger line is for the spin halyard, the other is for the topping lift. The messenger lines are tied to a washer to stop them going through the sheeves. The spin halyard sheeve is roughly a foot above the hounds. There are two eyes at the hounds for the spin halyard(s) to be lead through, but I don’t know if you really need to do that. I would prefer not to when I add an asymmetric spinnaker, but I’m not sure if the sheeve can take side loads.

My spin halyard goes to the starboard mast base exit block, topping lift to port. I don’t have free sheet stoppers for the spin halyard back at the halyard winches.

Paul
Thank for your helpful comment. Jerry