Installing AC

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
About 3k if you install it. Ac 16k unit, controls, wiring, plumbing, thru hulls and pump. Assuming you do not have to add a second 30 amp service branch.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
3k plus? Ouch!
My Walmart window unit cost about $125. Not aesthetically perfect, but it cools the boat.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Mermaid m16 reverse cycle complete sys. Includes unit, control, vents, ductwork, everything you need to install. you can order directly from them for approximately 1800 -2000. Made in the USA if that means anything to you. Or you can use a free standing unit 16k btu unit and vent it out a hatch for about $350-450
Note Ac units usually require 10 -15 amp power source

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Does Mermaid include the 300.00 water pump with hoses and thru hulls? Also the ac wiring and the needed second duct and grill work? Personally I am doubtful that manufacturer listed price is close to the true cost to install a functioning unit which is what I believe the OP is seeking. Would be nice if they did offer the full package.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Call Mermaid up. They have technichians and sales people that know their product. Not sure on the pump as I have been retired for a long time but were instrumental on working with me as a former dealer when installing on smaller boats to include the Hunter 26, 260 and larger Hunters , Catalina 25 and 250/other Catalina, Benteau 235/310/285, Precision 23 and many others in my day. Ask them about their condensator which talks water from the condensation pan and throws it overboard with the discharge water from the unit. You will like that little item to keep water from collecting in the bilge.

Crazy Dave Condon

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
5 boat-bucks. You need a seawater loop install with strainer and pump, pump protector/controller, a dedicated AC service, heat pump and condensate pump system, ducting and control unit. There are ABYC standards for these installs making it a pro-install. You will have a heat pump with dehumidification cycle - and can figure on improving the value of your boat by at least half the install cost.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
When I purchased my unit 3 years ago directly from them, they gave me everything needed to install except for the circuit breaker and supply wire. They also customized my package and shipped extra supply vents so I could vent the aft cabin.
Package contained
Ac unit its self
Control pac
T stat and wire
Water pump, thru hull seacock and all fittings, hose, clamps
4"Teak vents cover plates
Teak supply cover
4" & 6" flex duct
Supply feed with dampeners

Like I said everything you need to install.
I was going the buy the unit online from a marine supply store, I called mermaid technical support to confirm the correct size and to ask a few questions. Dave is very helpful and price matched distributor so I bought the unit directly from them. Like I said before they customized my kit so I didn't have to buy anything I did not need for my instalation.
Very happy with my unit. I had a minor warranty issue with my unit, bad valve which I my have damaged during the installation. They repaired unit within 24 hrs and shipped it back to me within a few days.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
I don't remember what the exact shipping costs was.
I kinda think that it was about $100-150 shipped Feds ground from Fl to Nj.