In NEED: V21 Mast - please keep an eye out

Hood

May 25, 2019
Macgregor Venture 21 Southern IN-KY-IL
Hello Mac family,
Yesterday, all the green rookieness in me caused a huge and catastrophic error to my brand-new (to me) V21. I have only sailed her twice. It had been a beautiful windy day, with tons of action on Kentucky Lake. The outboard had crapped out while coming into dock, and my friend and I totally had a Captain Ron moment, docking the boat ever so suave. We were elated with the whole day! We had a visit from a copperhead who swam under our feet as we trailered, which caused more excitement. It had been a long day, and my buddy said "just pull up next to my jeep", and although the sun was in my eyes, keeping me from seeing well, I slowly pulled into the parking lot to take down the rigging. In a matter of seconds I heard the fore-stay snap and the mast collapse; I had hit a power line. I am devastated, I seriously threw up afterwards. I have been crying ever since yesterday, while I try and see if the mast is at all salvageable (which the shops I have taken it to today have said No).
So, I am putting a plea out to every place I can think of to try and find a V21 mast. I know I can buy a new one, but I sold everything to buy Mouse, and a vehicle to pull her, new rigging will cost more than what I paid for her. There have to be some older boats in someone's back-yard with a busted hull but a decent mast that I can afford.
If anyone knows of ANY, please contact me: Amy Hood 812-228-6150
Please know that I am more mad/upset at my stupid error than anyone can imagine, and know that it could have been so much worse. I have been planning and dreaming of sailing for years, and can't believe I did this.
Thank you for any help getting the word out in finding a new mast, I will be so grateful.

Attachments

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
:waycool:Love the smile on your face. For any who have never sailed, they don't know the peace, joy and contentment that it can bring. This will mark the 50th year since I bought my first boat, a Venture 21. As my quote says, "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." Saw the same thing happen at Lake Mead. Burned a hole in the mast:yikes:

Apr 20, 2016
Catalina 22 293 Huntington Lake, CA
I have never snagged a power line with the mast, and I am glad someone else thought to try it first. Glad you are A-OK. I have had other mishaps that will live forever in the campfires of Huntington Lake, but they say mistakes come from bad judgement. Wisdom comes from learning about bad judgement. I still have blood stains on my driveway from "lubricating" my extendable trailer tongue, and an ache in my left hip when I stand on a different spot on the same driveway where I bounced after tripping over the 'laying down' rigging after a nice buff job on the deck. Not sure of how your mast step is attached, but check for structural damage from the excessive torque on the bolts through the deck, or the compression post...
Enjoy the ride.
Greg