Identify this boat!

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Excellent!.. A friend had a 299 but I don't think his hatch and handrails looked quite like that.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Note the 4 winches on one side and the distinctive long hand hold.. MAking me nutty.. I know I have seen one of these but I can't remember what it is.. Jimshipsky, please get the HIN off the stbd stern so we can have closure here..
We are having a lot of rain today.. flooding pretty widespread and is deep enough to have shut down the I-10 in a couple of places. No problems here but there are a lot of folks who can't say that right now. Raining more than most hurricanes I have seen..
Flood control guy out of Houston is saying possible SW La could get 24-26 inches over the 24 hours. SERIOUS water

Dec 28, 2010
Catalina 380 san pedro
Good Luck with all the rain. Feel free to send some to Southern California...we have a serious LACK of water.:yikes:

Feb 24, 2013
Coronado C25 San Pedro, CA
Lyle Hess designed a bunch of boats and I have seen one similar to this but it only 20 ft. and on a trailer in his nephews driveway.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Google seems to favor "SidELmann", not "dle". Doesn't anyone here have one?
No disrespect meant to anyone that still owns one, but they actually were terribly build boats. I don't know a single person who owned one who actually thought it was built well. I would never recommend buying one. Especially after 40 years

Dec 9, 2006
Oday 22 Hickory, NC
There used to be a guy on here that bought one up north, brought it down to Florida I think!
I was wondering about him the other day, any idea who that was?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I have referred the photo over to an old friend but have yet to hear back as he worked for them at one point. If I do, I will advise but to have the hull number will resolve this question.
Jackdaw, thanks for the heads up.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
That's a lot of winches for a 24 foot boat.... racer or not... Plus those huge primaries mean it's got a HUGE genoa....

Mar 29, 2016
Cal 21 Sidney, ME
seidelmann_24_drawing.jpg

This drawing of a Seidelmann 24 from sailboatdata.com seems to me to match the photo I took: note the porthole, grab-rails, gunwale fittings. Plus the shallow keel with daggerboard explains why so little of the keel is visible in my photo. However, I remain mystified as to why the proportions of the boat deceived me into thinking it was closer to 30' than 24'/

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
I used to sell Seidelmann's and met Bob Seidelmann. This boat has similar lines, but the only centerboard or swing keel boat that I am aware of that Bob Seidelmann made was a 29-footer and it was sort of a one off boat - never produced in mass production as far as I know. The window treatment was different too, but similar in shape. The Seidelmann 30 had more of a trunk cabin top and the Seidelmann 299 had more of a flush deck similar to the Seidelmann 25 and the picture shown above. At any rate, they all had fixed fin keels. His boats were beamy and pinched at the ends and also had a V-shape in his early hulls, so this has that look. The more I look a the photos the more I think Seidelmann too, but while I could be wrong, the only centerboard or swing keel boat that he made was that 29. It was his personal boat, I think, and he had a reputation of grinding down the hull to lighten the boats up for speed. He also was a sailmaker during his career. Unfortunately he has passed away now.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
The Seidelmann 24 shown by jimshipsky actually had a Bruce Kirby hull from the 23' Sonar and the deck of a Seidelmann 25. The original Seidelmann 25 had a 9'6" beam while the Sonar (and S-24 hull) had an 8 or 8.5' beam. Bob Seidelmann made the first Sonars which were designed by Bruce Kirby and the concept was Wally Ross's of Darien CT.

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I think rudder and daggerboard are lying in the grass underneath her,

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Kind of a strange hull design for the water line down to the center line looks flat, don't think I have ever seen this kind of hull design, sure doesn't look very sea kindly.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
View attachment 141674
This drawing of a Seidelmann 24 from sailboatdata.com seems to me to match the photo I took: note the porthole, grab-rails, gunwale fittings. Plus the shallow keel with daggerboard explains why so little of the keel is visible in my photo. However, I remain mystified as to why the proportions of the boat deceived me into thinking it was closer to 30' than 24'/
I don't know anything about boat identification but, it looks to me like the boat in your picture has a lot more draft in the bilge than the one in the drawing. The scale (proportions) of those winches and other hardware to the hull make me think 30' not 24'.
- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 4, 2019
Seidlmann 299 Belfast
Hello kloudie1
I'm CaptRon 75 and the vessel you question is a 1978 seidelmann 299 that has had a keel mode done to it her name is gloraemae and I had her keel cut away and modified to a hydrolic keel for shallow draw she is 33ft and she was damaged in a gail at port