Identify old model furler on 1980 Hunter 37

Brazil

Aug 16, 2017
Hunter 37C Forked River, NY
Can anyone identify this furler for me? Just purchased this 1980 Hunter 37 cutter last summer. Rolling and unrolling require significant effort: it needs a rebuild and cleaning. Mast is down, so good time to service. Any documentation would be welcome. What is the right way to disassemble/reassemble? Based on a drawing from a CDI Reefer 8/9 conversion document, I suspect it might be CDI.

Attachments

Dec 8, 2013
Hunter / Aragosa 34 / 32 831 Toronto
YEs, it is a CDI with the conversion to put the sheave and internal halyard. I have the original manual for the ReeferII system and have installed the conversion kit. COntact me and I'll arrange to copy and mail you the paper.

Dec 8, 2013
Hunter / Aragosa 34 / 32 831 Toronto
BTW it can be disassembled, slowly, carefully, joint by joint, but NOT in tall grass! THe system on my boat is 30 years old and I was able to reuse all the spacers and torque links, because they weren't damaged or lost, during disassembly.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter Catalina 400 PORT JEFERSON, NY
When I had my H37C I moved the CDI to the staysail and purchased a Profurl for the Yankee. It worked out great.

Alan Johnson C400

Brazil

Aug 16, 2017
Hunter 37C Forked River, NY
Thank you all for your help. Separately, CDI identified the system as a Reefer 8/9 and sent me their manual. It attached, if anyone is filing these anywhere for other folks.

Attachments