I cannot tell a lie

Jul 4, 2015
Hunter 34 Menominee, MI; Sturgeon Bay WI
1. West Marine was having a sale (for whatever crap you bought for the boat), and
2. we really needed it, and
3. I've held off a long time buying it until there was a spectacular price reduction, and
4. you can thank me for being so financially responsible. You're welcome.
Awesome! Four lies in one sentence.

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
[after being "on back order" for a month]
"It looks like those where just shipped out this morning"

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 33 Metedeconk River
As told to me by the Pilot: The Cunard QE2 was coming into NYC harbor on its maiden crossing. The Pilot boarded and went up to the bridge and the Captain would not turn his ship over to him for fear of damage to his brand new ship. There was an argument and I believe the Coast Guard got involved and after much negotiating and hassle the ship was turned over to the Pilot. Realizing the pressure was now on him he brought the QE2 in perfectly and just kissed the dock. Appreciation and thanks all around. On the way home, the Pilot stopped at 7-11 for a soda and backed his car into a fire hydrant.

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
As told to me by a coworker: "My Volkswagen Golf GTI will do 0-60 in under four seconds. I got that stage two turbo, man. Got that 'front-mounted' intercooler. Got the carbon alloys, dude. Got ventilated twelve-caliper Brembos, that's all about weight reduction, bruh."

Also from the same friend: "Yeah, dude, just the other day I fitted my MacGregor 24 with a YUGE 200 percent genoa from a friggin C&C 38, man...friggin crazy, bro. Made like sixteen knots on a close reach, wicked impressive, right?!"

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The problem with this lie is that we actually believe it ourselves when we say it!

Will we EVER learn...
Do we really believe it or do we just want to believe it?

As George Santayana once said, "those who fail to learn the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them."
As I am fond of saying, "those who learn history, understand that we ARE doomed to repeat our mistakes, over and over and over again."

- Will (Dragonfly)