Hunter Vision 32 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2009
hunter 27 miami
Hello everyone,

Im considering making an offer on a Hunter 32 Vision and need some advice from some owners...

Are there any special things I should be looking out for on this boat? Does the mast tend to have issues? Are there any common fail points anywhere in the boat?

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
Hi Fred, welcome to the forum. I know there a quite a few Vision 32 & 36 owners here that will hopefully chime in. You may also try searching the forums for "Vision", should give you lots of info. Also the Database under Hunter Boat Info in the drop down menu has good info and Owner reviews on the Vision 32. Click on Owner Reviews for 27 opinions.

Ed D

Nov 22, 2009
Hunter Vision 32 Jacksonville Florida
Fred
The only issue that I would tell you to pay special attention to is the Holding tank which is encased in the shower seat , use your nose . It is made of aluminum and over the years will errode .I sealed mine and put in a Puratan unit Do not be concerned about the mast It is spun aluminun and extremely stonger than any extruded mast Bennifit no riging to worry about. Always hire a marine surveyor ask around to located a good one I love my Vision Good luck

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Vision Probs

I had one for nine years and would buy another. Great boat. What I would look for:

Excess leakage around the mast. (A little will always be present.)
Water tank. Aluminum. I replaced it twice.
Waste tank. They are in two different locations. One is under the shower seat; the other is under the swim step.
Rot under the water heater base.
Engine. the 3GM's tend to coke up their mixing elbow if not run energetically.

All the rest is typical for any production boat of the same era. I wouldn't worry about upholstery and rather think of replacing it. Same as to sails and electronics.

Like I said; great boat. Do a search for archival info on them in addition to visiting the owner reviews on this site. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.