Hunter 49 Most comprehensive owners review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2008
Hunter 49 Sydney
Hi, Before I purchased my new Hunter 49 I looked at and compared a number of manufactures yachts, initially not on price. At the end of the day price made little difference. What I discovered is there was not a detailed in depth review anywhere that I could find. So after a bit more than a year here is mine. It was also sent to Hunter before release here. I hope it helps prospective purchasers, not only of Hunter 49’s but across the board. Criticism, comments, positive or negative are welcome.

I have also provided a link here to our website with an independent magazines review which was conducted on our H49, just so you have the full picture.
http://cid-cb9b43706c5c6059.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.res/CB9B43706C5C6059!116

Any Huunter 49 Owners with questions feel free to send them my way

Alan

Attachments

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Unable to open PDF link. Maybe you can convert & post in the owner's section of HOW?

Feb 15, 2008
Hunter 49 Sydney
Rick the http linked PDF which I assume your reffering to, exceeds size limits of this site, and as that ones not mine, ie its porffessionals one, I cant manipulate it. However the link should work. You should see the review on the second line halfway down, then as you hover over it, there should be a download option to the right. I just doubled checked it. My review was directly attached to the post,and I assume thats working for you. I will look fro your email address, and if I find it send it directly

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Re: Magazine review

Thanks, Phil! Got it.

Dec 27, 2005
Hunter 36 Chicago
Excellent review - could have practically written the same review on our 2008 36' with many of the same issues. All in all we're satisfied with our Hunter and would surely buy another but like you said - we would definitely do a much closer check before taking delivery.

Feb 15, 2008
Hunter 49 Sydney
Thanks I also complied (pre my purchase) the next level down technical detail on the Dufour 48 & 52,Tayana 48 & 52, Beneteau 52,50 Najad 49 Sun Odesey 49, Harmony 47. Basicly spread sheet on sail aera, tankage, engine HP, ballast, lenghts. Happy to release it if there was interest. But the point Im trying to get out there is for a little bit more effort on Hunters part and really only a labour cost, they would streets ahead of the fleet, in my personal view.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I believe that the download problem stems from Screen Saver using another MicroSoft product "Live" which is not really compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.