Hunter 430 - things to know and look for before purchase, design interior?

Paula

Dec 18, 2015
oday 272 chesapeake bay
Anyone familiar with the 430 that was built until until the year 2000? It has a different cabin set up, and looks appealing, but wondered if anyone who has owned or visited one under sail, found the layout to be open or confining? The galley, easy to get around or a block to the forward berth? Is the table seating easy or difficult to get in and out of?
What are must haves on this boat?
What are the issues to look for? Areas that leak, plumbing issues, sailing performance, engine issues, instruments to make note of, battens in sail rather than furling,etc. thanks again as always for your advice.

Apr 23, 2012
Hunter 430 Kemah
:clap:We have own one for 5 years, just like most, likes and dislikes. Do not have any reason to get rid of her. Like most, have invested a lot of time and money into her which is normal if you care about it. Message me will be more than happy to answer
your questions if I can.

Dec 14, 2011
Navicula 430 Hunter Toronto
I am in the bahamas with mine right now....it sails really well and the 5 foot draft is great...there really is not much one could change...because everything is molded and plastic, everyone of your questions are personal preferance or any issues can be fixed.....the layout works well for us and guests, the seating part has proven to be of great value when you have 10 people over....the only thing I am disapionted with is its size...I wish it was 55 feet...give me this exact boat bigger and wider