Hunter 426/44DS Shore Power B

Nov 8, 2017
Hunter 426DS Marseille, France
Good morning everybody,

I'm a very happy owner of a 2003 426/44DS sailing in South France.
Since I have her I could not use the AirCon because I did not find how to engage Shore Power B line. On the Starboard side of the Hull I have 2 plug receptacles, one for Shore Power and one for TV cable. So this mean I can only connect 1 line from the boat to the Dock outlet.

However onboard I have 2 breakers for Line A and Line B, and I have AirCond system installed so for sure there must be a way to have Line B connected.

Is there any other location where to connect Shore Power B line ? Or is it only one line going from the dock to the boat and then splitting to two lines onboard ?

Any ideas :) I would love to start AirCond in this hot coming summer

Thanks a lot

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
On my 2007 44DS there are three shore power receptacles. Line A, Line B, and TV cable (I guess - never used the third). Line B is indeed the a/c power source. I suggest you make contact with Marlow-Hunter and ask that question.

Nov 8, 2017
Dear Rick,

Thanks a lot for your answer, yes definitely one receptacle is missing but I don't understand why I have the whole Shore B circuit on board if no receptacle ... I will try to get an answer from them, but last time I asked something they said they have nobody to address pre-marlow acquisition question.

Thanks again for your kind words

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Check the bulkhead in the aft cabin. There should be two switches/breakers there that isolate each shore power line. If there is only one then indeed you only have the A circuit. If there are 2 then you have the second shore power line and you are missing the plug or it is located someplace else.
Look on your panel and there should be a "cross-tie" between A & B circuits. It should have a safety bar there as well. Lift the bar and turn on the cross-tie. That should power up your AC system. Good luck!

Nov 8, 2017
Dear Nodak,

Yes I do have 2 switch/breakers one for each shore power. So for some reason I just miss the plug ...
Regarding the panel I do have A & B circuit with cross tie, but I saw on the manual that it was linked to the generator installation to power the B circuit for AC while on the generator (and I don't have the generator ...)

I will try later today to be sure.

Thanks again

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
It is for running the AC when you only have one 30 amp plugged in. Just don't recommend running both AC's on it. We run the Salon AC (16K BTU) and it handles it nicely.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
I bet you have a 240 volt boat, so I suspect that there may only be one shore power port powering both A and B with the combiner ( parrellel) on the AC panel.

Aug 17, 2010
Hunter 410 Dover NH
If this is what your panel looks like slide the blocker bar up and switch the parallel breaker to the right. This will allow you to power the B bus from the A bus.

upload_2018-7-5_20-2-37.png

Nov 8, 2017
Dear All,

Thanks a lot for all answers ! You are all correct ! And thanks to all inputs it's all good now.
I tested over the week-end. As a 220v boat there is only one plug outside.
With this single plug connected and the parallel button engaged AirCon is working perfectly.
Even with other accessories on ! Amazing ! Really

Again thank you to everybody !
And if you come to South France, come to Marseille area and text me !