Hunter 310 Water Heater Replacement

Jun 28, 2019
Hunter 36 Poulsbo
My water heater rusted beyond recognition and was leaking. I am trying to pull it out to make room for the new one I ordered, but I cannot get it out. It appears the through hull and attached fittings for the sink block me from getting it out. Is there a trick. If I cannot figure something out I plan to cut a small portion of the lip where the cover rests. Any help is greatly appreciated. Very frustrating! Thanks, Dave

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
Hi Dave
I replaced my hwt a few years ago and managed to get it out through the settee cutout without modifying the opening. I had already relocated the sink drain thru hull to under the sink however, so did not have that obstruction to deal with.
I installed an Isotemp tank which just fits in the space under the settee and so far has worked perfectly.

Tim

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Once the tank is freed from shoreline and hoses, take a saws all and cut is up. When you have room to work you can figure out the " squeeze" of the new one.. Trick is to not kill yourself trying to rid your boat of a hunk of trash...