hunter 310 sliding door cover

Dibid

Apr 20, 2018
Hunter 310 Plattsburgh NY
I want to remove the hatch on the top that contains the sliding door, the depth and speed displays and also covering the deck in front of the dogers, to clean under this hatch. Does anyone know if there is caulking under that hatch that I should put back after.
Since 2000, this part has not been cleaned. excuse my english, it's my second language!
Thank you all for answering.

Dibid

Apr 20, 2018
Thank you, that helps me a lot. I hope you did not have too much water infiltration.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Tim,

Any chance you have any more photos of "under the hood" ?

Always wondered what's under there as I've often thought about removing and re caulking the border with something better that general purpose silicone (factory install in 1999). It is now a shredded mess.

I know that DC 795 does a beautiful and long lasting job for surface caulking around fixed ports and hatches and was thinking of using white 795 around the hood.

Last edited:

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
Hi Ralph
This is all I have. When I re installed the hood I didn’t caulk the border at all as there didn’t seem to be any reason for it. I did have to refill and redrill the screw holes as I found water was leaking into the cabin through them. It was the search for the leak that prompted me to remove the hood in the first place. Removing and re installing the hood is not difficult.

Tim

Attachments

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Tim,

Thanks for the excellent collection of shots. I presume the darker ones show the accumulation of grunge before you cleaned out the interior.

These will be most useful for removal this summer.

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
Yes, the grungy ones are the before cleaning but after I removed the wasp nest!

Tim

Dibid

Apr 20, 2018
Wow !
lots of difference between before and after, can't wait to do the job. thanks again for the photos.

Tim22

Jun 16, 2014
Hunter 310 Ottawa
Very dangerous. I find I’m either being bombarded by seagulls, attacked by geese, or buzzed by wasps. Makes me long for winter!!