Registered users don't see ads

Hunter 240 keel operation

Discussion in 'Ask A Hunter Owner' started by Pdc, Mar 5, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Pdc

Pdc

Joined Mar 5, 2018
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter H240
    Us Texas trailer
    Hello, I'm new to sailing and I bought a 1998 Hunter 240 with the ballast system. I don't know how the center board keel is lowered and raised. Can anyone instruct me on this operation? Thanks.

2. Drew13440

Drew13440

Joined May 6, 2004
    189 posts, 15 likes
    - -
    US Potomac
    It's operated by a line that comes up through the cabin and passes through the deck just in front of the mast. Go up there and find it - follow it back towards the cockpit. It will run through a locking cleat that you will need to open. Put the line around the winch on the cabinet top and use a winch handle to raise the centerboard. When lowering, do it slowly and gently - there's no reason to just let it fall.

Congrats on the new boat.

3. Pdc

Pdc

Joined Mar 5, 2018
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter H240
    Us Texas trailer
    Thank you.

4. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    6,355 posts, 485 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    Suggest posting on small boats section. Make sure when center board is up all the you will hear a clunk noise. Going all the way down same noise. If not send a private message and I will call to tel you how to adjust line

5. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    6,355 posts, 485 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    @Drew13440

Have not heard either in a private message. Thank you for posting. He appears to be hard headed but will find out all we are doing is helping.

Drew13440 likes this.
  6. Hunter Ad Bot

Hunter Ad Bot

Joined Oct 27, 2016
    0 posts, 10 likes
    US Seattle
    Hunter props, shafts, struts, and cutless bearings

[​IMG]

See the product

7. Crazy Dave Condon

Crazy Dave Condon

Joined Jun 8, 2004
    6,355 posts, 485 likes
    -na -NA
    US Anywhere USA
    Have heard form original poster and will report back anything of significance as I think it is a matter of educating. @caverun , I have mentioned you as a resident expert here too. However, if I run into a problem I may contact you but first have advised to look at owners manual under boat information.