Hunter 240 keel operation

Pdc

Mar 5, 2018
Hunter H240 Texas trailer
Hello, I'm new to sailing and I bought a 1998 Hunter 240 with the ballast system. I don't know how the center board keel is lowered and raised. Can anyone instruct me on this operation? Thanks.

May 6, 2004
- - Potomac
It's operated by a line that comes up through the cabin and passes through the deck just in front of the mast. Go up there and find it - follow it back towards the cockpit. It will run through a locking cleat that you will need to open. Put the line around the winch on the cabinet top and use a winch handle to raise the centerboard. When lowering, do it slowly and gently - there's no reason to just let it fall.

Congrats on the new boat.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Suggest posting on small boats section. Make sure when center board is up all the you will hear a clunk noise. Going all the way down same noise. If not send a private message and I will call to tel you how to adjust line

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Have heard form original poster and will report back anything of significance as I think it is a matter of educating. @caverun , I have mentioned you as a resident expert here too. However, if I run into a problem I may contact you but first have advised to look at owners manual under boat information.