Hold My Drink!

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Bicycle water bottle holders. The aluminum ones are unbreakable (easy to bend back), they even hold bottles on mountain bikes, are cheap, resist corrosion, they clamp to rails, and they come in vert and horz. I've used them on multis for over 30 years.

https://www.practical-sailor.com/issues/44_4/features/Hydration-Right-at-Hand_12384-1.html
I used two bike bottle holders to add cup holders to my 1987 Acura Integra back in the late 80s. They worked great for many years. Hadn't though to use them on the boat.

These in white would look pretty good.Bicycle Water Bottle Cage 2 Pack $9.99

I might try two of them to hold the Olive Oil and Vinegar bottles on the bulkhead behind the stove in the galley.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Jacomo Sailor rules!!! And don’t forget... ice cold!!!

greg_m

May 23, 2017
Catalina Jaguar 22 Simons Town
This is going south quite rapidly! Not complaining though.... :)

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Right now Siren is probably telling Scuba Guy he isn't allowed to play with us anymore. :(
LOL! LOL! LOL!
Me thinks she'll be ok with it, she's got a good sense of humor...but we don't wanna run her off, her journey is just beginning!
I'm sure Scuba Guy will apologize for our indiscretions!
(btw, are those some of Yeti's new models? They seem to be well insulated!)

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
These have always worked out well on my boat

for those of us who like their beer warm, they're great. For those who like their beer cold, they are still great.

This is my last post on this subject. I better go away now ;). I have a somewhat developed sense of self-preservation.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Siren

Apr 2, 2018
Catalina 22 12491 Lake Charlevoix
These have always worked out well on my boat

@Will Gilmore beat me to it.....I was going to say "these work good in theory, but in practice, it warms up the beer too quickly in my case." :laugh:

Don't care too much for Corona, more prefer Pacifico, but I do like a cold Shock Top Belgian White. This one pictured is a little too warm, for my taste. :p

And as functional as they may seem to have aboard, the suggested cup holders do not double as a Coast Guard Approved PFD. (I actually just made myself laugh out loud when I typed "CUP holder".....hahahahaha.....I'm so punny!)

Last edited:
May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
this can lead to the old Thermos bottle joke...
"when it's cold, it's cold, when it hot, it's hot....how dooo it know??"

(Kermit, you are a bad boy, but very observant!)

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
And as functional as they may seem to have aboard, the suggested cup holders do not double as a Coast Guard Approved PFD.
Maybe not but throw them to me anyway. A little buoyancy can go a long way.