Help Identify this motorsailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2009
oday 22 Keyport Harbor, Raritan Bay
This is a boat I am interested in. It is sitting in the boat yard that takes care of my sailboat. It is a 23 foot motorsailer. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is. The only logo on the boat is attached. All help is appreciated.
Thanks you
IslandJIm

Jan 14, 2011
tanzer tanzer 28 bathurst nb
it look like a sail boat with a wheel house, i see a chainplate and a mast step in your first picture

KD3PC

Sep 25, 2008
boatless rainbow Callao, VA
mid 70's Allmand HMS 23, and it is a motorsailer...good boat in it's time...

best of luck

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Looks like a fun boat. Would love to see more pictures. I bet the interior is pretty dang roomy for a 23' boat.
Kermit

Jan 19, 2009
Great thanks

Thank you, Thank you, thank you.
I've been search for days.
Jim

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Damn..... don't you wish you could buy a new boat today for the prices in 1978?

I actually don't find this boat very appealing. But, take a look at the previous boat in the link... the Allmand 22.5. Beautiful! Looks like the marketing people wanted an RV instead of a sailboat and they just grafted an out of proportion wheel house onto to a perfectly lovely sailboat. No vang BTW. Now if you could actually sail the boat from inside the house, it might be justifiable... otherwise it's a small boat for a tall guy. I will say though, it is not as unattractive as the M26x or the Edge, and appears to be an actual sailboat. I like the options price list..... sigh.

Sep 30, 2008
Hunter 310 Bivalve, Md
I kinda like it, kinda like the mini tugboats. By the way, all I did was google search "HMS 23 sailboat" and linked the first hit.

Dec 30, 2009
jeanneau 38 gin fizz sloop Summer- Keyport Yacht Club, Raritan Bay, NJ, Winter Viking Marina Verplanck, NY
Island Jim, are you on one of John Olsens Moorings, or a member of Keyport Yacht club. Is that Pedersens yard? I am in the harbor wf the Keyport Yacht club. Red

Jan 19, 2009
Keyport

Yes, I am in the mooring field. The HMS boat sits over at Olsen's. It is still a manageable size for John to handle and I would be able to stand inside, something my back warrants. I was over at KYC about a couple weeks ago to advise one of the boats furling was letting lose and the sail was starting to shred. I think I spoke with Lee who radioed out to the dock. He tried the ole recruiting on me as well. I've been there for four years now and really enjoy the location. No bridges to contend with and its nothing but open water from the time you leave the mooring field.

Oct 26, 2005
- - Satellite Beach, FL.
Damn..... don't you wish you could buy a new boat today for the prices in 1978?

I actually don't find this boat very appealing. But, take a look at the previous boat in the link... the Allmand 22.5. Beautiful! Looks like the marketing people wanted an RV instead of a sailboat and they just grafted an out of proportion wheel house onto to a perfectly lovely sailboat. No vang BTW. Now if you could actually sail the boat from inside the house, it might be justifiable... otherwise it's a small boat for a tall guy. I will say though, it is not as unattractive as the M26x or the Edge, and appears to be an actual sailboat. I like the options price list..... sigh.
Oh yeah! Under $10k for a nice boat, $300 for a drifter?
In 1978 I was making something like $200/month as a Navy Seaman Recruit so $10k was a BUNCH of money to me.

Sep 25, 2008
C30 Event Horizon Port Aransas
That's the coolest 23' sailboat I have ever seen. Especially if it has an inboard diesel. I would have to rig up a wheel inside the cabin so I could motor around from inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.