Heading to the Lake!

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
1991 Catalina 22 Wing Keel 15202 Nocona
We are heading out to the lake for the weekend. This trip will provide opportunity to test the new stern table, cabin fans, cockpit light, jib downhaul, screened hatch and partial LED conversion. I will try to upload some pics while at anchorage of these things in use!
And yes...I will be refinishing the brightwork around that hatch when we get back!:dancing:

Ken
20180817_123902.jpg 20180816_162525.jpg

Sep 30, 2016
Island Packet IP 44 Ventura, CA
I love the screen door. We just camped for a week on ours. Thats a good idea. I just draped a bunch of mosquito net over the companionway. But your way is more refined.

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
We are out in an anchorage for the night...got Jimmy Buffett going and a cold drink in my hand! Looks like a little storm tonight...we are getting a great light show! Wish you all could be here with us!

20180817_202339.jpg 20180817_203803.jpg 20180817_203808.jpg

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
We're with you in spirit, my friend! :beer:

Please do give a report on your jib hauldown. Seems like a great thing, but I've been unsuccessful at rigging one I liked.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Yes indeed, that screen insert looks good! Been wanting to make double entry doors with acrylic & screen inserts, but too many other projects keep getting in the way. Hope the weekend on the lake is enjoyable; we’ve been getting some nasty thunderstorms a few times daily around here. More of the same this weekend. Heading over to the boat later to change oil.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
We're with you in spirit, my friend! :beer:

Please do give a report on your jib hauldown. Seems like a great thing, but I've been unsuccessful at rigging one I liked.
+1 on the downhaul...about to rig it...have the stuff....wanna know your method...

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
+1 on the downhaul...about to rig it...have the stuff....wanna know your method...
My thought is to catch the jib at the second hank...then run 1/4 inch line through the existing fairleads from roller furler that lead to cockpit...then just experiment until I like it!
Others thoughts and ideas are always welcome!

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
We are heading out to the lake for the weekend. This trip will provide opportunity to test the new stern table, cabin fans, cockpit light, jib downhaul, screened hatch and partial LED conversion. I will try to upload some pics while at anchorage of these things in use!
And yes...I will be refinishing the brightwork around that hatch when we get back!:dancing:

Ken
View attachment 155132 View attachment 155133
Well, we just pulled in after 4 days out on the lake. We had fun and only experienced a day or so of rainy weather (made for good sleeping!). As to the items I was testing......
The stern table was great...just have to remember it's there when climbing onto the boat (it will hurt!)
The cabin fans worked perfectly...highly recommended!
The cockpit light was OKish...it would auto off after a few hours...not what I wanted...I will go with Genes' recommendation of Luci light.
I didn't test the jib downhaul, I have decided to install a block a little closer to the jib.
My screened hatch worked great but I will need to install some sort of method to get hold of it for removal in the middle of the night!
As to the LED test, I only installed one in the stern light...worked great! I will be replacing the anchor light this week (we are going out again next weekend) We often spend multiple days out on the boat, so the power savings will be worth it. Plus the LED will be about 4 times brighter! Waaay better than that cheesy little 10W thing that Catalina installed!