Head diversion valve parts

rfrye1

Jun 15, 2004
Hunter H376 San Diego
the “lid” on my diversion valve is leaking on my 1998 H376. The o-ring is shot.
Does anyone know if and where to find replacement parts for something this old?
Thanks.
Bob. DD2BFD32-4611-4389-A16C-9CBAFB1CF094.jpeg

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Bob, if it is just an O-ring leaking, those are available.. A careful rebuild with new Buna-N rings should fix it.. Open it up (take some pictures with phone so you have a reference when you reassemble it) take out all the O-rings and seals and carefully clean the grooves .. Take the rings with you to someplace that has 'em (ACE hdwr, Home Depot, a bearing supply place like Motion Industries) .. When ya go back together, carefully tighten the screws in stages and try to get them all to the same tightness.. Good Luck..

rfrye1

Jun 15, 2004
Hunter H376 San Diego
Bob, if it is just an O-ring leaking, those are available.. A careful rebuild with new Buna-N rings should fix it.. Open it up (take some pictures with phone so you have a reference when you reassemble it) take out all the O-rings and seals and carefully clean the grooves .. Take the rings with you to someplace that has 'em (ACE hdwr, Home Depot, a bearing supply place like Motion Industries) .. When ya go back together, carefully tighten the screws in stages and try to get them all to the same tightness.. Good Luck..
Thanks Kloudie.
I’ve owned this boat for 17 yrs and have taken that valve apart to lube and clean prob 12-13 times. I’ll just pull it apart again and take it with me and go o-Ring hunting.
Thanks. Bob