Harbor Freight

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
jviss,
item # 66657, now $99.99
I needed a really large set of jaws to get around the autoprop hub.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
jviss,
item # 66657, now $99.99
I needed a really large set of jaws to get around the autoprop hub.
Thank you! I have a MaxProp now, might come in handy. But, for $99, I'll hold off until I know.

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
I have a lot of tools from Harbor freight and have bought and returned a few duds I have bought there as well.
If you only have one air nailer this palm nailer is awesome!
https://m.harborfreight.com/palm-air-nailer-68027.html
It uses standard construction nails and works great.
I just bought this hammer drill and used it for 8 hours chiselling concrete stucco off a dormer.
https://m.harborfreight.com/1-18-in-sds-variable-speed-pro-rotary-hammer-kit-63434.html
It was still running at the end of the project and was a great investment.

Sam

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
I have had good and bad luck with Harbor Freight. My favorites:
Farm Jack - Ripped about 80 holly trees out of the ground before the handle broke. After trying a Hi-Lift and breaking it on the first tree, I got another jack from HF and did rebuilt the original HF hack with a Hi-Lift cast handle.
Chain Saw Sharpener - Love that thing and use it all the time.
Flooring Nailer - Three houses and counting.

Some other things, not so much like their small tires.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
HF has a smaller one - 5ton? that I think is only $59 - but I don't know if the jaws are large enough for your maxprop

Feb 6, 2013
Hunter 31 Deale, MD
I didn't get these from HF but I recommend having them onboard: 2-gallon wet/dry vac, rechargeable LED work light.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Sorry, not a fan of HF here. Stationary stuff, Rockwell Delta or Powermatic. Power hands tools, Porter Cable. Measurement, Fluke. Other stuff, Proto, SnapOn, ViceGrip, Crescent, etc. Try very hard to steer clear of stuff made off shore. Just my $0.10 worth of commentary.

Mar 31, 2013
O'day 23 Pa
Sorry, not a fan of HF here. Stationary stuff, Rockwell Delta or Powermatic. Power hands tools, Porter Cable. Measurement, Fluke. Other stuff, Proto, SnapOn, ViceGrip, Crescent, etc. Try very hard to steer clear of stuff made off shore. Just my $0.10 worth of commentary.
sadly powermatic and delta mostly makes in Asia now, usually in the same factory as grizzly and jet, geetech I think

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
All of those brands you mention now have some, if not all, of their product made in Asia or South America.
Some are much better than HF, but for many tools and jobs, it's a cost benefit decision.

Oct 30, 2017
Catalina c 27 Lake Pueblo
my favorite item form HF are their tent/awning stakes.

They come in a six or eight pack (... I can't remember) but are inexpensive (duh... they're from HF) and durable. The plastic clip breaks at the top but I don't care about that the thick aluminum stake last forever.
I use them you our canvas wall tent and have only bent two of them over the last 2 1/2 years. we normally camp 20+ times a year.