H26 mast replacement.

Karyon

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Red deer, Alberta
I came across a H26 not far from home for a real good deal, the only problem is it lost its mast in a wind storm, the boat is in Canada , how much would a new mast be? I would think that the shipping would be outrageous.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
There's a 2002 H260 for sale at Carefree Resort on Gleniffer Lake. It should be on Kijiji.

Karyon

Jun 8, 2004
Hi Rick,

Haven't seen it yet, the one I was eyeing is in Vernon $5500.00

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
I see it still listed as Innisfail. It's the boat we sailed in the San Juan Islands for 2 weeks in May and the Gulf Islands last year, Sunshine Coast the year before...

Feb 18, 2011
Hunter 260 Cave Run Lake, KY
In the store here, US$2400 for mast plus $1500?? shipping, without standing rigging... that 260 sounds pretty good!

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I don't know... you start adding it all up and you are at $9,500 plus another $1,500 for rigging and labor and you are at $11,000. Does it have sails? If not add another $4,000. You can buy a nice one for $11,000 ready to sail. And you don't have the pita of fixing a boat. If you can talk him down to $1,500 I'd say go for it.

Karyon

Jun 8, 2004
Everything is there even the furling rigging, all shrouds and spreaders , the owner said that the original mast got bent badly so it is not snapped in 2 pieces.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Everything is there even the furling rigging, all shrouds and spreaders , the owner said that the original mast got bent badly so it is not snapped in 2 pieces.
Sounds fishy to me. The mast broke and all the weaker stuff survived. Hmmmm.

squrel

Sep 4, 2014
hunter 26 silverton nj
Hi everyone..so this is my first response/post to this great forum. First I would like to thank all the contributors for all the advice I have gleaned from these pages. I have a Hunter 26 and I just had to replace the mast over the last season due to the original forestay attachment/sheave box separating from the mast due to a storm last October. The mast came down and was damaged beyond repair. There are two companies that made masts for the boat..isomat and z spars. I had an isomat and dealt with Charleston spars. They were first rate. I was able to salvage the rigging with exception of the forestay. The mast came with new and they made a new forestay for me to cut to size. If you have a z spars, google the name cause I can't remember the dealer that dealt with that brand cause I didn't have to use them. Be cautious, inspect each component of course, but it can be done. Great boat for how I use it in the super shallow Barnegat Bay. Enjoy.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Squrel;
Actually there were four companies involved with masts involved with the H 26 and 260. First Z Spar bought out Kenyon Isomat but after a short while, Z Spar left the U.S never to return under that name while Kenyon Isomat name was gone. Not going into why but it was a fiasco. The folks at Kenyon Isomat reinvented into Charleston Spar at the same location in Charlotte, NC but later becoming Sparcraft. Parts for Charleston Spar suggesting you go to Rig Rite. Z Spar reinvented itself into U. S. Spars in the old facility in near Gainesville, Florida. As for Dwyer, separate company all together. So if your mast is a Z Spar, first go to the forum site or secondly go to U.S. Spars but this forum store knows what parts you would need for your specific mast. Same with Dwyer Mast. However; if your mast is Charleston Spar/Keyon Isomat, go to Rig Rite as I think the forum store cannot get those parts. Hope this helps you. So it does matter what you do have as the rigging is different which can be costly. As for the early rigging for Hunter, it was made by Seco South near Tampa Florida.

Shipping going across the border can be costly but also a lot depends on the mileage as well as the mast is shipped as one unit.

Former dealer much involved with the water ballast

Crazy Dave Condon