H26 Boom-Replacing Lines

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Hunter 26 Guntersville Lake, (AL)
On my H26, I managed to pull one of the lines through the boom completely out! I looked at the H26,23.5, 19 Manual. The only diagram is for the H19 (see drawing below). Is this the same boom as the H26. It appears to simply be cleats on one end and sheaves on the other...... nothing in between. Is this correct for the H26? What are the type of cleats used in this boom so I'll know what to call them next time? If it's almost a straight shot though the boom to re-install the line, is re-installing the lines through the boom as simple as it looks? Thanks! BrianW

Attachments

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Brian;

If I recall, the outhaul was a direct line with no internal blocks which I fished a messenger line thru in the event the line had come out. Sometimes I would use a small snake to get the messenger line thru with the boom standing up to allow gravity to let that line to go down. As for the lever, no real name I could associated it with other than a lever cam when I use to call Z Spar but operating as U.S. Spars in this country which is one story I will leave alone. I could not find the specific name in the parts manual either when I looked up on U. S. Spars site.

May 25, 2004
Hunter 260 Pepin, WI
All three lines are straight through with no blocks or other mechnical advantage. Your page does not show the topping lift line exiting the boom at the goose neck / mast end.

Last edited:

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Thanks for your replies! That confirms that I can replace the lines AND watch SEC football Saturday! BrianW

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Thanks for your replies! That confirms that I can replace the lines AND watch SEC football Saturday! BrianW
Hmmm. Any chance of Ole Miss and Mississippi State in the playoffs this year?

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
A chance! Here in the SEC West, we all have to play each other.... and really mangle each other! You never know how it will end up. Auburn (my team), Alabama, Ole Miss, and Miss. State , in my own opinion, are the best 4 teams in the country, but since we ALL play each other, one or more of us could have 2 or 3 losses at the end of the season. Only one of us will even qualify to play in the SEC Championship game! BrianW

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
I'm pretty sure South Carolina wont be there.

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
Kermit, Steve Spurrier is not my favorite person in the whole wide world! Not even close! BrianW

BrianW

Jan 7, 2005
It's perfectly okay to talk football on this post because everyone was so helpful to solve my problem. The problem is closed. But the football season continues! :) BrianW

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
Kermit, Steve Spurrier is not my favorite person in the whole wide world! Not even close! BrianW
Nobody in SC liked him when he was at Florida, either. He could just about be governor now.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Well, I went to VMI. Cadetship first, acedemics second and sports third. Although we would not have a chance to compete well against the big schools but when there are no locks on the women cadrey doors, no reports of crime against women, the honor code is enforced by the cadets themselves supported by the officer corps/teachers/alumini, camrady high, doing any job right the first time, believe what is said and so, on, well I choose VMI orver sports.

Not sure why they let me in as I am Crazy Dave even though a few meows once in a while but no beribit.