Gori folding prop info

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I went out to the Gori site to ask about maintenance on my folding prop. I assumed it was a Flex-o-fold, but it is a Gori twin blade folder. It has been working fine but I was asking about routine maintenance. I got a response from the US distributor so I thought I'd share it. It's evident that I'm not doing what I should during the off season.

I see that I can't upload the pdf attachment to this post.

AB Marine is the North American & Caribbean importer and distributor for GORI folding propellers,Variprop, Variprofile & Autoprop feathering propellers, Moonlight Hatches, Shaft Shark line & weed cutter, SigmaDrive constant velocity joint, Autolock shaft brake and MagicEzy Fiberglass & Gelcoat chip & crack repair and stocks a full inventory of product, factory supplied parts & zincs in house.

You asked about Cleaning & maintenance of your GORI 2-blade propeller;

Annual maintenance – basically keep it clean. 1mm of growth on a blade & your propeller loses approx. 12% efficiency.

You can clean your propeller with a scotchbright, wire brush/wheel, bead blaster or 120 grit paper, just don’t “attack” the blade edges. Ensure there is no growth on the blade gear teeth.

Your Gori is water lubricated. If you are going to haul the boat for the winter, clean your propeller & put a lite coating of a Lithium base waterproof grease on the teeth/forks/blade root – the moving parts. This stops surface oxidizing & your Gori will be ready to go in the spring.