Goiot roller furling parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau Moorings 38 Knoxville TN
I have a 1991 Moorings 38 (Same basic boat as 38s5, rigging wise) and need to repair my Goiot roller furling. One of the aluminum inserts that join the foil sections was bent during a move. Goiot no longer offers the part. I tried to repair it (welding) but that failed. I believe it is T-6 aluminum. Does anyone know of a source? And hurricane damaged salvage boat being parted out would be fine. Any help is appreciated.

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I don't know what your inserst look like but mine were about 4" long and there was 2 per joint. Some moron broke some of mine when they doubled it over a cople of times to store it. They were also discontinued and it was suggested by a rep from Hood that I use half of the insert instead of the whole thing. To keep it from sliding down the channel he advised me to ping it with a penis punch (censors won't allow you to say pr*ck) as they did at the factory when the insert was full length. I then wrapped it in plastic duct tape to keep the sections from separating. Its been up and working for the last 3 seasons that way.
When I originally posted my delema I received an offer of some extra insterts from one of our members. Unfortunately they did not fit. I probably still have them laying around. If you can post pictures of them with a scale I will see if they are the same.
Good luck
Here are some picts of the one from the old Reefer furler.

Attachments

Oct 6, 2010
Beneteau Oceanus 321 Carters Pt.
Not sure ,inserts look similar to Profurl (Profurl inserts are carbon like material)Check their site

Status
Not open for further replies.