Going to church today?

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Mine is open 24/7 during April and May. No mass but sanding is permitted, anytime, no waiting...

Boat work under cover (1 of 1).jpg

colemj

Jul 13, 2004
Dolphin Catamaran Dolphin 460 Mystic, CT
Are you making changes to your new cockpit? I forget if you also replaced the coamings then.

In our church, it is more about fiberglass than wood, the services are usually outside, and the laity often get profane…

Grinding the stern 2.jpg

Well, it's not really outside - the church just has big windows…

lightning cage.jpg

Mark

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Are you making changes to your new cockpit? I forget if you also replaced the coamings then.

In our church, it is more about fiberglass than wood, the services are usually outside, and the laity often get profane…

Mark
No changes, these are the original coamings. I'm taking the old varnish off (10 years worth) which is finally giving up. 'Wooding', we call it. I made some repairs but they're still sound. I'm going to use a filler stain then build up a new coating of varnish.

Like your photos. I'm into power sanding, too. :) Not only for the ease but for the near dustless nature.

This time of year, I use the cover to keep the rain and sun off so I can apply coatings. Tricky as sun can really heat things up. I open the ends then for a breeze.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
I never go to church. I'm heading for the lake today. I expect to be the only one there, but I hope to see kindred non-spiritualists.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Yep and always. Roman Catholic since 1978. Loving thy brother is great.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
If you ever come sail at Bayfield Race Week, you will quickly learn that 'going to church' means going to the post-race social that evening.