Generator and a/c over night

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
I run my Northern Lights 24/7 when away from the dock. We have a heat pump so it either heats or cools depending on what’s needed. I would be a single sailor if I didn’t. My wife doesn’t want sailing to be like camping and neither do I. Nothing wrong if you do, but we like comfort over the humidity and heat or cold. I burn between 5 and 6 gallons of diesel in 24 hours and it makes no noise except for a splash when over 10 feet from the boat. When out with friends on overnight anchorages, we make sure we get where no one can here our splash. We respect those that like peace and no sound except nature. I’ve done a good bit of sailing in Punta Gorda and surrounding areas. We spent the winter months in Punta Gorda in 2013/14 on Persistence.

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
About splashing, the Hunter 50 came from the factory with a "gas separator". After this separator, the fumes are released in the regular manner near the stern of the boat, but the water is released under the boat. There is absolutely no splash.

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
My only splash and it is minimal is the cooling water coming from the heat exchanger which is very close to the water. There is no exhaust splash as mine is also underwater.