Garmin GPS 182 Reprograming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2008
Morgan Out Island 33 Pompano Beach
This is directed to Joe Mullee, specifically, whoes email address I lost. Others will probably be interested.

I commented, a while back, on a problem a boater was having generating tide data on this Garmin model. It seems that as 2009 clicked in, the tide data would not generate. I had the same problem.

When I inquired of Garmin, they gave me several low cost options. The only one that worked for me was to send the unit back for a software update.

The result is that a week after I mailed the unit back to them, I received it back. While I havent test it yet, my assumption is that it was reprogrammed to correct this flaw.

This is a 10 yr old unit. Garmin did this in record time and at no charge. Service like that gets an "attaboy' from me.
Bob

Mar 3, 2007
Catalina 36 Lexington Mi
Garmin has outstanding customer service. A lot of other companies could learn from them. I have had three Garmin Chartplotters and they have all worked well and no matter what the problem Garmin was there to help. That is a big part of the reason I know own my fourth.

Oct 22, 2008
- Telstar 28 Buzzards Bay
Quite a few of their units can be user-upgraded, as the system software is available for download on Garmin's website. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.