Favorite Acoustic Music Videos

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
main, I know I have asked this before but I still don't understand how to send the link WITH the video right there. I have tried and tried and just can't seem to get it.. can you try to explain it to me again... sorry :redface:

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
main, I know I have asked this before but I still don't understand how to send the link WITH the video right there. I have tried and tried and just can't seem to get it.. can you try to explain it to me again... sorry :redface:

Click this:

Next below each You Tube video should be a "SHARE" button with an address that looks like this:

http://youtu.be/d9NF2edxy-M

Copy only the portion in red after the forward slash, then paste it BETWEEN the you tube "tags" [ YT]d9NF2edxy-M[/YT ]

Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 33 Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada
A Burlington, Ontario group so far has only ;) 145 million views. I'd say they're ACOUSTIC as the 5 of them play 1 guitar.

Sep 20, 2006
And then they cover a Taylor Swift song, ( sh'es "Tweeted" about it ) and has gone to 1.6 million views. Acoustic, no insruments.

Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 260 Sarasota,FL
We have recently fallen for Amos Lee who is now an active member of our boating playlist. I'd dare anyone to listen to him for more than an hour and not be wondering how he flew under their radar.

Low key, earthy, honest to his roots, a great writer and the Admiral says he's easy on the eyes, although I don't see it. It may be simply because He's half my age.

While this selection isn't "fully unplugged", another older favorite with a newer laid back groove as he has aged is Mark Knopfler of former Dire Straights fame. His Irish/Scottish maritime background is very prominent in a double album called "Privateering" (a rousing sailors tale). The song "Haul away" is especially haunting to a sailor on night watch. "Song of the drowned submariner" and "Seattle" are stirring when underway or at anchor. The whole album is a nice mix of a few upbeat and other more insightful tracks where you begin to appreciate this seasoned artist and his subdued talent.

Enjoy, Mike

Last edited:
Feb 6, 1998
And then they cover a Taylor Swift song, ( sh'es "Tweeted" about it ) and has gone to 1.6 million views. Acoustic, no insruments.

Scott,

I have been following Walk Off The Earth for a long while. Posted Five Peeps One Guitar in page two.. Perhaps one of the most creatively talented groups out there.. I have now had the pleasure of seeing them live twice and it is Earth shattering...

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Maine Sail,
They had a great offering called "Song of the Mountains" on PBS the other day. It showcased a master luthier named Wayne Henderson. Do a search on youtube on his name and listen to any of the music, great guitarist and the guitar he plays is an amazing work of his own art. 10 year waiting list to get a guitar from him. Rumor has it his mandolins are quite nice also.
http://youtu.be/zlHrRHAo-bU

Don-MT

May 21, 2004
Oday 23 Montana
Here is one of my favorites. Chuck Pyle has written a few songs that have become better known when done by others. (Jerry Jeff Walker, Suzy Bogguss, John Denver) I always like the songwriters version better. It gives a glimpse into the truth of the song.

Chuck Pyle - Jaded Lover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YieOeWXAEUA

And, after you've had a couple of good single malt scotch with your lover, Chuck Pyle - Two Trees:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpO42C_KU0

Shine On!

Don

Sep 20, 2006
Scott,

I have been following Walk Off The Earth for a long while. Posted Five Peeps One Guitar in page two.. Perhaps one of the most creatively talented groups out there.. My buddy Mike has had the pleasure of seeing them live twice and says it is Earth shattering...

I should read more of the thread ;)

My daughter showed me that one over Christmas when she was home from Univ.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Acapella is about as acoustic as it gets...;)
I'm not a musician, and I don't play one on TV, but I've always believed 'accoustic' meant of, relating to, or being a musical instrument whose sound is not electronically modified :confused:

Granted, acapella is very soothing and easy on the ears.

Don-MT

May 21, 2004
Oday 23 Montana
Acapella is about as acoustic as it gets...;)
Well, technically, anytime you reproduce a sound electronically or mechanically it is not acoustic. But I think that is not the spirit of this conversation.

Shine On!

Don

Sep 20, 2006
Well, technically, anytime you reproduce a sound electronically or mechanically it is not acoustic. But I think that is not the spirit of this conversation.

Shine On!

Don
But there is no electronic or mechanical sounds, just mic'd. The percussion is all done from his voice.

btw, is your avatar Lee Marvin from Cat Balou?

This is KRNFX who performs the percussion....

Feb 6, 1998
But there is no electronic or mechanical sounds, just mic'd. The percussion is all done from his voice.

This is KRNFX who performs the percussion....
Best beat box in Canada? How about the best beat box on the planet!!! Korean FX is the Jerry Douglass of beat box....

Don-MT

May 21, 2004
Oday 23 Montana

btw, is your avatar Lee Marvin from Cat Balou?
:hijacked:

The signal path is: lungs - larynx - mouth - teeth - lips (up to this point all acoustic) - mic - pre-amp - (probably analogue to here) - signal processing (reverb, delay compression, EQ, etc. which may convert numerous times between digital to analogue to digital) - cd reproduction - upload to internet - download from internet - processed through computer - speaker. All of the steps "color" the sound waves past the lips.

Theoretically, the only "acoustic" sound is live, un-renforced (not electronically amplified) sound waves.

All of that said, I do get the drift of the thread.

Yes, my avatar is Lee Marvin from Cat Ballou. Ya' gotta love Kid Shelleen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8YdroFhEeg

Sep 20, 2006
:hijacked:

The signal path is: lungs - larynx - mouth - teeth - lips (up to this point all acoustic) - mic - pre-amp - (probably analogue to here) - signal processing (reverb, delay compression, EQ, etc. which may convert numerous times between digital to analogue to digital) - cd reproduction - upload to internet - download from internet - processed through computer - speaker. All of the steps "color" the sound waves past the lips.

Theoretically, the only "acoustic" sound is live, un-renforced (not electronically amplified) sound waves.

All of that said, I do get the drift of the thread.

Yes, my avatar is Lee Marvin from Cat Ballou. Ya' gotta love Kid Shelleen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8YdroFhEeg

I'm not following your point. His sound effects are not digitaly transformed. "signal processing (reverb, delay compression, EQ, etc. which may convert numerous times between digital to analogue to digital) - "

The sounds he makes are all voice. Beatboxing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatboxing

The Canada Talent show is live, unaltered. The video above they have mic's but so do all the other performers in this thread.

I think watched Cat Balou about 100 times when is was out. That secne with the horse is iconic.

Don-MT

May 21, 2004
Oday 23 Montana
Simply put, what you are hearing out of your computer speakers is not the acoustic sound waves that originated in studio/ theater. They have been manipulated many times since the sound left his mouth. If you had been standing next to him during the performance what you heard would have been "acoustic" prior to the microphone.

I don't want to hijack the thread, it's just that I have spent the last few day in the recording studio and these are the types of things you end up thinking about.

Shine On!

Don

Feb 6, 1998
Simply put, what you are hearing out of your computer speakers is not the acoustic sound waves that originated in studio/ theater. They have been manipulated many times since the sound left his mouth. If you had been standing next to him during the performance what you heard would have been "acoustic" prior to the microphone.

I don't want to hijack the thread, it's just that I have spent the last few day in the recording studio and these are the types of things you end up thinking about.

Shine On!

Don
Doesn't really matter. I started the thread and applied my rules to it. I accept the acapella versions as it fits my definition of "acoustic" for this thread. I might even accept some performances that are "unplugged" style with some minor electric..