Excellent TV Reception. No (Extra) TV Antenna Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnY

Jun 2, 2009
2 309 #61 Ventura, CA
I recently purchased a 19" Toshiba LCD flat screen TV with a built-in DVD player. Like nearly all new TVs it has a built in digital tuner and as such, you will not need a separate digital tuner box to receive the signal.
I hooked up my TV antenna to to boats existing VHF radio antenna as local channels 2-13 are in the VHF range. The reception is phenomenal, and of HD quality. Not only do I get nearly all of the 2-13 channels (except channel 7 for some reason), I get several channels outside the VHF range. I was prepared to purchase an expensive omni directional antenna and and mount it high up on my mast with all the wire routing hassles; now I can avoid all that.
All you need to do is buy a two into one spliter that mounts on the back of your VHF marine radio in the antenna plug. Plug the VHF antenna into one side and the TV antenna into the other side and you are good to go.
My VHF antenna is at the top of my mast and I am in the Ventura, CA area. Your reception will vary depending on where your boat is located and where your TV signals are being broadcasted from.

Status
Not open for further replies.