Registered users don't see ads

Elite / (Kerie Feeling?)

Discussion in 'Other Sailboats' started by Apex, Jul 11, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Apex

Apex

Joined Jun 19, 2013
    740 posts, 81 likes
    Oday 28
    US Traverse City
    I am perusing the internets and came across a lovely looking cruiser, Elite 364. PHRF around 120, perhaps a bit slower for a 36footer. Anyone know much of the Elite and/or Kerie Feeling lines on this side of the pond. It appears Elite is a French brand with a Canadian builder also creating North American models. Deep keel, double spreader rig, with a fast looking form with a contrary cruiser/simple running rigging topsides.

@Jackdaw must have some input on that brand? A previous sale fell through for some issues found, and am interested in value and cost for some repairs prior to putting any time investment by looking into it.

Keel Rebed ?$?
    Soda Blasting, barrier and VC a bottom ?$?
    Anyone been through these in the Great Lakes in the last few years, hiring out to yard?

2. Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Joined Nov 8, 2010
    8,785 posts, 2,122 likes
    Beneteau First 36.7 & 260
    US Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
    Sure. The Kerie yard existed in France for quite a while, and produced quality boats. Not a lot of them over here. I actually looked at a few, but never bit because they are all masthead, and I have a particular fondness for fractional rigs. The quality of the interior woodwork in particular was great. The family sold out a few years ago, and AFAICT the brand is dead. But good boats, if you see one you like it probably sails well and has good bones.

Apex likes this.

Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Mainsail covers
Pre-patterned mainsail covers to fit your boat
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.
Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.