Drinking & Driving....

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Happy New Year to all!!!

With the holidays close upon us, I would like to share a personal experience about drinking and driving. As you know, some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time, often on the way home after a "social session" with family or friends.

Well, two days ago, this happened to me: I was out for an evening with friends and had more than a couple of drinks of Crown. Although relaxed, I still had the common sense to know I was way over the limit. That's when I did something I've never done before -- I took a taxi home!! Sure enough, on the way there was a police roadblock, but since it was a taxi they waved it past and I arrived home safely without incident.

This was a real surprise to me, because I had never driven a taxi before. I don't know where I got it, and now that it's in my garage I don't know what to do with it. So, anyway, if you want to borrow it give me a call or send a pm.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
We found our roommate passed out on the front porch one New Years Day without his car, he said on the way home he was being followed by spies. So thinking quickly, he pulled into an open garage, closed the door and took a cab. It took us all day peeking into windows to find it, no one had noticed there was an extra Dodge in their garage.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
My roommate got fed up with bringing a date home and finding me passed out on the sofa. Okay, I realized had a problem, so I got rid of the sofa.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
@rpludwig, That’s fantastic! I hope you don’t mind but I copied and pasted it in a group text with some appropriate modifications to the staff, including the owner of the funeral home where I help parttime. I haven’t heard from the owner but the Baptist preacher in the crowd wrote back saying he had read it to his Outback Bowl party. Thanks for sharing!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Talking to a Baptist minister yesterday about services for my mom.After meeting,walking to car,joked about meeting his predecessor in the restaurant/bar yesterday at lunchtime. He told me one of his stock jokes: Always invite Baptist to your party in pairs. If you have just one,he will drink all your liquor but if you have 2 they will watch each other all night to see who goes first!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That IS a funny story because two days ago, I was driving taxi to make a little extra money and for a call for a pickup to drive a couple of late revellers home. I waited and waited until finally I went inside to find them. One thing lead to another and soon I was line dancing to cotton eyed Joe. I never did find the couple but when I went out to find my cab IT WAS GONE:soapbox:

Just kidding, I spent the new years at a bar with my family tasting mezcal (not me, only beer) and dancing with my wife, in Mexico:tongue:

- Will (Dragonfly)