Dodger and Bimini for pot top Catalina 22

Apr 13, 2019
catalina 22 md
I am looking for BOTH a dodger and a bimini for a Catalina 22. Anyone have one for sale or have a lead on where I can get one?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Biminis come in many different width and heights. measure the width of your cockpit from the middle of your gunwales and then measure the height from the gunwale to just beneath the boom.

With those measurements, you can go on-line and shop for a bimi

upload_2019-4-17_16-3-6.png

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
A bimini should be pretty easy. Catalina Direct sells good ones, but there are lots of standard ones online for less money. For a C-22s, you'll be looking at a 3-bow bimini (the 4-bow models are longer than we need for a C-22 cockpit).

As @rgranger said, measure the width between the mount point(s) you want to use. And then decide on:
--Aluminum or stainless tubing
--7/8" or 1" tube (1" might be hard to find in stainless)
--Plastic or stainless fittings (you can buy sets of SS fittings easily on Amazon or eBay, if you want to replace plastic ones in your chosen bimini kit)
--Type of material (Sunbrella is the biggest brand name, but is quite a bit more expensive than some competitors)
--Aft support rods, which will make it more stable than all strap supports (some biminis come with them, or you can add them later)
--You might add quick release fittings for the forward or aft end, depending on whether you want to store it folded forward or back.
--Bimini tracks (if desired) so you can slide the mount point forward or aft
You can figure on ~$125-400; you can definitely keep it on the lower end of that range if you need to.

A dodger on a C-22 will be much more of a custom job; they're pretty rare on our little boats. We don't have much in the way of side decks, so a dodger would make it hard to go forward. But if you do build one, please post pictures and experiences with it.

Apr 13, 2019
catalina 22 md
Thanks for the inputs so far. I think I have a handle on buying a new bimini but I am still interested in buying one used.

So far, the only leads I have on a dodger to close off the cabin when the pop top is up, is to make one myself. I am interested in purchasing a used one or finding a company that makes them or has them in stock. Any thoughts?

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
do a bimini search on the C22 forum, you'll find plenty info there...