Deep Adaptation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2004
Oday 28 East Tawas
OK, here's the thing for me. In the first place what exactly is a "Professor of sustainability leadership"? Frankly it sounds like a made up title/position which lends an aura of authority but, in fact is so much puffery. Look; I tend to believe the data on world climate statistics. The planet once cooled down, then warmed up and cooled again. This climate cycle has been going on for more millions of years than can be effectively studied. The "professor" speaks of hubris when describing humans as carbon loving creatures. Frankly I feel he and his ilk are the ones filled with hubris. That they believe humans are so important and so impactful on world climate is, to me the ultimate hubris. One hour of a moderate sized erupting volcano produces more green house gasses than all the automobiles on the planet can produce in a thousand years. Furthermore plants need carbon dioxide to live. Plants which, by the way produce oxygen which we need to live. It is a case of symbiosis for both plants and animals. I could easily get into the economics of AOC's Green New Deal but that is another subject altogether. At one point he (the professor) mentions a change of life style. He suggests that we should go out in our back yards and do activities with our neighbors instead of sitting in our air conditioned houses. Now, there is hubris for you. That he dare recommended how others ought to live their lives according to his view of behavior. I do not need him or anyone for that matter to tell me how I should live my life or anyone's. His calm pseudo-intellectual style, while seductive is little more than a carnival huckster with an accent and deceptive directness. No, I neither trust his interpretation of scientific data nor do I plan to alter my life on scintilla. Thanks for reading

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
OK... as soon as they both mentioned the climate, I turned them off. I will not allow an argument to arise based on the climate theory. Two points have been made and I feel that is enough. If the OP feels this is unfair, please contact management. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.