Deck Treatment

Oct 16, 2007
Beneteau 352 Toronto
We have usually had a boat detailing company complete a through cleaning of the deck and cockpit of our Ben 352 in the spring. Now that I have more time on my hands I was thinking doing this myself. The only thing is that the company uses some sort of fiberglass treatment on the deck that provides a nice shine and finish not unlike wax. But most of the surface is textured. I don't have any idea what product they use for this. Can anyone help me out? I could ask the guys at the marine store and it will cost $50 and may or may not work. Murray.

Oct 29, 2006
Beneteau 381 Olympia, WA
I use woody wax as well and its definitely easy to apply but has not eliminated elbow grease for me. For the flat surfaces I've used 3M compounding (06044) it is amazing at polishing fiberglass but at $40 a bottle it's not cheap, one bottle was almost enough for a full hull/deck buffing of our 361. I've used other compounds and deoxidizers in the past but this product worked amazingly well with a heavy duty buffer.

Jan 2, 2016
Beneteau 49 Little Creek, VA
Syversens - just so I understand: you use Woody Wax on the non-skid only and the 3M on the smooth deck surfaces?

Thanks.

Oct 29, 2006
Beneteau 381 Olympia, WA
Yup, sorry should have specified. I've tried to wax/buff non skid years ago but it ruined my waxing bonnet and made it very slippery to walk on, not recommended. My sequence was: Good clean, 3M compounding hull and any flat surface, apply wax to areas that's compounded, then lastly apply the woody wax. Compounding is hard word and took me 2-3 days but much easier and better result than any other compounder I've tried. good luck!

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Guess I'm going to have to dig that gift bottle of blue Woody's out of the shop and give it a try on the deck!