Deal or No Deal

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
I had two kettle-type BBQ's on boats and hated them for all the reasons that have been put forth here. When I got this boat, I later got a rectangular unit and used an (optional) rail mount. The issues disappeared including wind, disappearing lids and grills, inverted grills, poor heat regulation, etc. I never did like having a propane bottle hanging from the regulator, so I made a rail mount where I could store two bottles nearby and used an adapter hose to attach to the regulator. Has worked perfectly for the last ten years and we use it a lot compared to the #%&@^ kettle.
100_0779.JPG

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I was doing random searches on craigslist Sunday morning when I came across a new, in the box Magna Kettle grill for $75.00. This is the discontinued version A10-005. Magna's website says parts are still available. It does not have the rail mount. Amazon list them for about $55.
I offered $50 and the seller agreed, he even delivered it to where I work. So..........

Deal or No Deal?
That’s a smokin deal, on the same grill we have, and we love it. It’s our second one. Yes, obviously it’s going to be challenging to use in over 13 or 15 knots of wind. Other than that, I think it’s fantastic (especially on small boats like ours) and I strongly disagree with all the other negative comments.

Enjoy your grill! :thumbup: