Dave's not here

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Saw this on the interweb. Whoever this Dave guy is, I'm thinking that he's trying to pigeonhole us all, not just a select few.
IMG_20170628_092518_070.jpg

Dec 29, 2008
Treworgy 65' LOA Custom Steel Pilothouse Staysail Ketch St. Croix, Virgin Islands
I suppose #5 may not apply universally, but I'd be hard pressed to argue with the other points. Seems to describe everything but running pretty accurately, unfortunately. Wish our ketch could go to weather closer than 60 degrees!

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
You've never heard of Dave Berry??? He's a Pulitzer Prize winning American author and columnist, who wrote a nationally syndicated humor column for the Miami Herald from 1983 to 2005, along with several best selling books. A few of his pithier quotes include:
Although golf was originally restricted to wealthy, overweight Protestants, today it's open to anybody who owns hideous clothing.
If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be 'meetings.
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

So it's not surprising that he'd take a shot at sailing.. Google him and enjoy the results!

In case you're too lazy to google him, click on this link to an excerpt from his newest book, "A Brief History of Florida":
http://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article97208577.html

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
I always wondered who Cheech and Chong's "Dave" was.... Fortunately for all of us... Dave Barry's humor has stood the test of time...
www.davebarry.com/

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Love me some Dave Barry. I used to read his newspaper column religiously, back when there was such a thing as newspapers.

Check out the movie (or the book) "Big Trouble". It's pretty hilarious.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
After Grizzard Dave is my favorite columnist
Louis Grizzard was gone too soon (heart disease, died in his 40s following high risk surgery), and he is missed by many of us. I doubt that Jeff Foxworthy would ever have had a career as a comedian if Grizzard hadn't paved the way for his kind of humor.