CT 38...Anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J. Powers

Hello...We have been sailing our '84 CT 38 on the SF bay for a little over a year now, and absolutely love the boat and the way she handles the conditions here. However, I have had very little success researching this model, or communicating with other owners. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Anyone with a 38 that would like to trade stories and ideas? Thanks, John

J

Jaime Andersen

Tell a little more about the boat

Tell a little more about this boat. I am looking for more information on a CT 38 that my family owned some time back. It was about a 1984, Ron Holland design. From the Pac NW. The unique thing about that CT was it had a 2-cabin layout, both forward and rear port cabin. Good luck researching (I have had similar trouble finding CT38 info) and enjoy sailing her. Jaime Andersen jaime_andersen@yahoo.com

J

John Powers

More on the CT 38

Best I know, I'm the 3rd owner. The boat was originally delivered to the East Coast, then shipped out west in the late 80's. Was kept in the California Delta (fresh water) until last summer when I bought her and moved her to SF bay. 2 full cabins, 17k lbs, 8500 lbs ballast...very stiff and fast. Glass hull, Skeg rudder, fin keel, Yanmar 30 hp diesel, sloop rig. Teak decks, beautiful teak interior (Taiwan boats look like maritime museums down below). Very easy to sail, but very capable. I was lead to believe that Alan Warwick, from Oz on New Zealand, designed the 38...meant to sail in the Tasman Sea, Bass Straits, etc...she's built well enough for it, certainly. Please include any info you may have...much appreciated. John

Status
Not open for further replies.