Cruising Chute

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Mine is called Waterspeed Sail & Surf Tracker. I downloaded it from the iPhone App Store. The developer emails me regularly to see how it’s working out for me and asks for my feedback. (As if he thinks I actually know something about sailing. Please don’t tell him otherwise.)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
What is the name of that app?
@Gene S , it’s iSailor. IMO the best Ipad based Nav solution. It combines great charting with handy Nav functions, AIS, and GRIB- based weather. Recommended.

@GBGraham , if you ever look into iSailor, be sure to get the Imray chart folio. It costs a few euro more, but is much better and has much better port detail.

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter Legend 260 Epidavros
@GBGraham , if you ever look into iSailor, be sure to get the Imray chart folio. It costs a few euro more, but is much better and has much better port detail.[/QUOTE]
Thanks but I'm Android, We are users of CPN, C-map and Paper as in http://www.eagleray.gr/ These guides are not cheap far far superior than anything else and full of local knowledge and weather systems.

Nov 8, 2010
@GBGraham , if you ever look into iSailor, be sure to get the Imray chart folio. It costs a few euro more, but is much better and has much better port detail.
Thanks but I'm Android, We are users of CPN, C-map and Paper as in http://www.eagleray.gr/ These guides are not cheap far far superior than anything else and full of local knowledge and weather systems.[/QUOTE]

Of course you’re right... I was getting the two ‘ray’ products mixed up! As you note Eagle Ray does the mapping.. Imray publishes the superb Greek Waters Pilot by Rod Keikell.

Nov 10, 2017
Thanks but I'm Android, We are users of CPN, C-map and Paper as in http://www.eagleray.gr/ These guides are not cheap far far superior than anything else and full of local knowledge and weather systems.
Of course you’re right... I was getting the two ‘ray’ products mixed up! As you note Eagle Ray does the mapping.. Imray publishes the superb Greek Waters Pilot by Rod Keikell.[/QUOTE]
I'll have to beg to differ on this one, the Eagle Ray (Capt Elias) are brilliant Greek pilot guides with every page of ports and area shown as a chart, plus local knowledge and weather information not like the Heikell hand drawn uninformative and at times giving down right wrong information.
The Eagle Ray also gives updates and changes on their web site which is a bonus.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
FYI I didn’t buy my spinnaker for speed. I bought mine for the challenge of learning to use it and because I think they are way cool.
There seem to be other reasons to buy a spinnaker. Maybe you just need to express yourself, little froggy.

Or, you just want a little eye candy.

or this may be more your style, my little green friend

- Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 10, 2017
Brilliant kite art, nothing better than seeing a racing regatta with all the different kites flying

Last edited:

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
There seem to be other reasons to buy a spinnaker. Maybe you just need to express yourself, little froggy.

Or, you just want a little eye candy.

or this may be more your style, my little green friend

- Will (Dragonfly)
Y’all, PLEASE give Will more Likes!

Nov 8, 2010
I'll have to beg to differ on this one, the Eagle Ray (Capt Elias) are brilliant Greek pilot guides with every page of ports and area shown as a chart, plus local knowledge and weather information not like the Heikell hand drawn uninformative and at times giving down right wrong information.
The Eagle Ray also gives updates and changes on their web site which is a bonus.
I’ve heard good things about the eagle ray guides, but are we talking about the same version of the Heinkel guide? The current edition is very very good. I found it useful and accurate every time we were heading toward into a new port. I imagine they’re probably comparable.

4E3232EC-6D33-4A2F-B27D-5ADF9FFB0BC5.jpeg

Nov 10, 2017
That my friend is a direct copy of the Eagle Ray. Capt Elias edition that we have been using for years.
I am not sure what is happening, but here is the last RH we have . . . because his publications just wasn't worth the money as you will see.
Elias is a full A5 on Poros and RH is a third of an A4 page.

I’ve heard good things about the eagle ray guides, but are we talking about the same version of the Heinkel guide? The current edition is very very good. I found it useful and accurate every time we were heading toward into a new port. I imagine they’re probably comparable.

View attachment 145952
s

Nov 10, 2017
For some reason I have tried to show you the difference by showing a RH partial page by taking phone picture and then copy and paste but the gods kept cancelling the pic.
Are we being censored?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
showing a RH partial page by taking phone picture and then copy and paste but the gods kept cancelling the pic.
I don't think copy paste is supported for inserting pictures. Use the 'Upload a File' button at the bottom of the text box.

Nov 8, 2010
That my friend is a direct copy of the Eagle Ray. Capt Elias edition that we have been using for years.
I am not sure what is happening, but here is the last RH we have . . . because his publications just wasn't worth the money as you will see.
Elias is a full A5 on Poros and RH is a third of an A4 page.
Wierd. That for sure is a phone I took of the Poros page in the Heinkell book. I asked my friend Michalis about the series, and he said it’s been of that quality for as long has he can remember. Is it possible that they are in fact the same book?