Cost for dodger canvas? $1300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2011
beneteau first 42 Mayne Island, BC
I got quoted $1300 to replace my dodger canvas on our 40.5 in longbeach. we had our dodger replaced on our boat in Australia for $600 and as far as I can tell this sort of thing is supposed cheaper in the USA.

Is $1300 a reasonable amount? Can anyone recommend someone else to get a quote off in long beach?

Dennis.
How did the dodger turn out? we also need to replace ours and are looking in the SF bay area for someone reasonable and good. Any suggestions?

Nov 8, 2009
Hunter 386LE San Fancisco
CrazyLegs,

Lowest cost dodger canvas maker in the SF bay is Pon in Oakland based on bids. Great work and quick turnaround. Phone number is 510-536-4119. She replaced my Hunter 31 dodger windows last January and installed canvas on the cockpit pedestal. She replaced my neighbor’s dodger in Brickyard Cove. She also installed canvas on all my windows, hatches, cockpit pedestal and winches on my Hunter 386.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
I had the dodger canvass replaced on the Bavaria 38 in February of 2011. It cost $1200 at Tropical Marine Canvass on Alamitos Ave. in downtown Long Beach; custom fitted with a snapped-on cover over the eisenglass panels. I don't know if the thread used was especially sun resistant. That was the lowest of 4 quotes; the highest was about $2400 from Harbor Custom Canvass. However, I suspect that HCC does higher quality work.

Dec 15, 2008
Hunter 38 Honolulu, HI
There are plenty of different canvas people in the SoCal boating community. I highly recommend Tom's Custom Canvas. I have used Dan at Harbor in the past and received a nice job. But when I used Tom's CC I honestly received a custom job. Take a walk over to "BB" and look at my H38. Btw I used Makrolon for the windows. Everything was custom (colors, stitching, piping, windows, zippers and wear patches).

Status
Not open for further replies.