Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Jimmy

You got that here at SBO?

Can you post the part number?

never mind... I found it.... thanks for posting

Jan 19, 2010
@Jimmy
Got jealous and ordered one for myself. I have been using a sunbrella tarp over the boom but the wind eventually rips my bungee cords out and then I get water in my cabin.

Fred

Sep 27, 2008
Catalina 28 mkii 745 Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Given the propensity for companionway leaks on the H26/260, IMHO a cover is considered "essential" equipment.

Here's a tip that works for me. I place a swimming pool noodle under my companion way cover (along the boat center line) which forms a ridge-line. This prevents water from pooling in the cover while the boat is at dock. You can also use a fender. (see first pic)

I usually sail with the cover installed. I just unsnap the bottom snaps and tuck the lower half back under between the cover and the companionway plexiglass slide. This is a lot less effort than removing (and re-buttoning) all the snaps. (see second pic)

I've also added some snaps to the bottom of the cover (and to bimini) so that when anchored I can snap it to the leading edge of the bimini providing some added protection from the sun and light rain. (sorry, no pic available)

IMG_0901.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG

Jan 19, 2010
Thank you @Fred
I was thinking of using a tennis ball but a swim noodle makes more sense.

Jimmy

Jan 28, 2018
Hunter 26 lake Powell lake mead
I tried to get mine in coral but Sunbrella no longer makes that color I like the oyster it matches pretty good

Jan 19, 2010
Mine is coming in Navy

SBO actually called me today to say that I might have accidentally ordered the wrong shade of blue. That was a very nice way of saying (you screwed up)....And they told me what shade Hunter typically used. These guys are great!!!!