Cleaning Product Suggestion: "Easy Dab"

Jul 9, 2018
Catalina 25 Lake Monroe
The interior of my '83 Catalina 25 was pretty grimy, years of fingerprints, smudges, dirt, old tape residue, and various marks. I don't mind the color, but the Magic Eraser was taking forever and none of the cleaners I tried were very effective. I was considering repainting so I went searching for info on repainting when I ran across this thread on the Catalina Direct website: https://www.catalinadirect.com/forums/fr_topic.cfm?topic_id=9444

There's a comment in there by Chip Ford about a product called "Easy Dab". It's just slightly abrasive, but is designed for glossy surfaces so it doesn't dull them. I had to call the manufacturer who directed me to a local janitor company where I could purchase the product. It was $4.14 USD.

Lemme tell you guys, I could not believe how well this stuff worked. Literally, everything just wiped right off the paint. Even the tough stuff only took a bit of light rubbing. The inside of the Catalinas has a textured surface and this even pulled all the old grime out of the texture. In the end, it looked like the original factory paint job (minus a few much larger gauges.)

To do the entire interior of the main salon, I used two slightly damp microfiber cloths: one for gently rubbing in the product and one just to buff it lightly afterwards. About a 1/2 a teaspoon of the product covered about 2-3 square feet. It took me maybe 45 minutes in total to do the entire main salon from floor to ceiling, including the counters, behind the cushions, inside the ice box, and the aft berth.

You guys are much more experienced than me and probably already have a litany of products in your back pocket, but I just wanted to share this one since I didn't see any other threads about it.

Here's the product on the manufacturer's website:
http://www.nclonline.com/products/view/EASY_DAB_
I called their main number and they put me in touch with the sales rep for my area who then told me what janitorial store I could find it at. Best $4.14 I ever spent in my life.

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
I think lots of us are always interested in these magic bullet cleaners. According to the MSDS sheet, this one is simply ammonium hydroxide with a surfactant which is common in most cleaning products.

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
After much testing in the home and on the boat, the following chemicals I use as follows..
1. Black Magic's Bleche-Wite "Tire Cleaner"
I use this for all cleaning, and also removes stickers with sticky-stuff. Does great on fibeglass in general, it even works well on stoves or grills.
2. Stainless steel - ALL I found Barkeepers Soap being non-abrasive is the best. It even removes RUST stains from fiberglass too! That brown on you waterline.. Gone is 1sec. etc. Rinse with water and BAM.. Its gone!
3. Wipe-NEW car detail application. I use it on all my plastics to keep them as new not sun faded. Once a year applications. I also do my winch plastics too...
However, anything else, There's Mastercard.. lol
Regards, Stargazer II

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
A before & after photos would be great. Else it never happened. :D
Thanks for sharing Easy Dab.