Circuit Breaker Hot Water

Feb 5, 2015
Catalina 36 Olympia, WA
Have a 1987 Catalina 36. The hot water circuit breaker is a Push-On/Push-Off type. Pushed the hot water circuit breaker to turn it on today and it would not come back out when pushed to turn off. Was not able to determine without removing it from the panel the Amp size it is. Had hoped I could find the answer in the documentation I had at home or on line. No luck. Catalina Direct has the replacement type breakers with the white ring showing when tripped or off in 10, 15, 20, 25 amps. I would assume it is probably a 25 amp breaker. Does any one know what size breaker is used in the water heater application. Would like to order it to take it to the boat the next time I go up to the marina which is 35 miles away.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
Refer to the plate on the hot water heater. Very possible that a 1987 boat has had it's tank replaced at least once and there could be a different load requirement. It is also possible the breaker failed because it was not changed with a heater replacement with greater needs. If the tank is original, ( or not) run a continuity on the element.