Cherubini 33 Inner Forestay Question

Jan 26, 2018
Hunter Cherubini Port Lavaca
Have this inner forestay that has a pulley below and at top of mast. Wondering what its for? Boat did have the old school Schaefer free furling system. Maybe this works with that. I do have that system and a jib but not sure of the rigging. Maybe you have seen this pulley setup?

Attachments

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
It's probably a 2:1 purchase headsail halyard. Difficult to tell for sure without seeing what's going on at the top of the mast.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
My glasses may be dirty, but that pic does not show an inner forestay. MAYbe that is the jib halyard?

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
Looks like you have an attachment point just aft of the anchor locker. Look up the mast and see if you have another attachment point, like a tang, just above the spreaders. That would be for rigging a staysail. I don't know what that cable if for except to raise a headsail. A pic from the mast forward might help.

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
That looks like a downhaul system like that Larry Pardey fitted to Seraphin. It connects to the top hank of the headsail to 'encourage'/force it down when lowering sail in light air. I'm doing the same thing to my boat. The line can be led aft like a furling line to permit dropping the headsail from the cockpit - as Pardey intended, a real boon for single- and short-handed sailing.