Chartplotter location on a 96' 336

Apr 20, 2009
Hunter 336 Winthrop, MA
Just bought a 96' 336 and want to install a new chartplotter at the helm. Not a lot of room with the mainsheet/traveler arrangement. Any ideas or suggestions?

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
2 Custom Cockpit Cushions and Carpet.jpg
This is what I did. Sacrificed part of the cup holder. We actually fashioned a hood that went over it for the glare. Do not have a pic of that. She was our first boat. Still have a lot of info.

Good luck

Apr 20, 2009
Hunter 336 Winthrop, MA
That's kind of what I figured Rick. Do you have any more photos? Anything you have would help. Any other info you have on these boats would be appreciated! Thank you!

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If it were me I would rework the grab bar between the wheel and the traveler to accommodate some custom pods made for your chart plotter. The plotter shown in Rick's picture looks super deep and bulky, plus it's too close to the compass. I'd go with a smaller screen or thinner profile...center pod for plotter then a couple of instrument pods on either side.. one for the AP controller and another for instrument multi display. You can also make space for a handheld vhf radio.

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
I do have some pics and info of stuff we did over the years. PM me with an email and I will send you some stuff.

Cheers

May 13, 2013
Hunter 336 Windsor
interested to see what you've done' new to me 336 still a work in progress; but loving it

May 13, 2013
Hunter 336 Windsor
Interesting...i see your outhaul out the bottom sheave in boom. How do you have 5hat rigged? Where u located..

PNW336

Jul 30, 2018
hunter 336 seattle
Good question. I'm not exactly sure if everything is rigged correctly. I'm just sailing based off of the previous owner's setup. Can you take a few more of your running rigging setup?

I'm based in Seattle.